Garrett Pro-Pointer vs Minelab Pro Find Pointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rattles in his specimen jar... wouldn't that be gallstones?
Dahh!! Just being cheeky

IThe best pinpointer for the goldfields in my
Opinionis the pulse induction vibraprobe 580.

Its also sensitive to small gold nuggets.

Hope this helps.

The Deteknix range also doesn't interfere with the GPX's when switched off. The new Wader version is out now, waterproof to 3m, built in lithium battery, and under $180 price range. Worth considering. I sell them so may be biased, but they are definitely the best value out there at the moment.

1437354003_wader_li_small.jpg

See PhaseTechnical or my self.

Wader = 2 xaa OR 1x 9V and 3M waterproof

Wader Li = Rechargable and 3M waterproof

All the new units have some interesting features re turning the main Led off (enhances life) and the Auto retune - which I am starting to like alot.

Also with 3 detect alerts - Sound / Vibration / Red led your covered in every manner. Thus thick Gloves and big Fat headphones, you can still see if you on target.

If you like me, I now turn the speaker off and the main led - Vibrate and Red led is all I need and I am not annoying others when in a public place :)

AngerManagement said:
If you like me, I now turn the speaker off and the main led - Vibrate and Red led is all I need and I am not annoying others when in a public place :)

Yep, whenever I don't want to attract attention, this is how I use it. Works great.

So what technology are these pinpointers that
Are being suggested using?

The vibraprobe 580 is pulse induction fully
Waterproof and detects really small nuggets.

I also own the Garretts purchased from Phil.

So my logic is if i use a pi to search for nuggets
I use the same technology as a pinpointer for
The goldfields.

As always each to their own.

Yes the Deteknix are pulse induction, but as always I don't recommend using them for small nuggets. A plastic scoop is much quicker.
Most times when gold detecting I don't even turn on the Xpointer, but when you get that deep target, it comes in real handy.

I am using the Bullseye II because It can Pick up Tiny bits because they Run at 36khz and there were many reports of the 13 to 14 kHz PP's cross talking to there VLF machines and PI's where the BE II has no effect even when close to the coil,

Keep at it guys I'm actually in the process of buying one now, thinking of the minelab cause all my gear is minelab but I like the bungee tether on the deteknix I think it's called, has duel power and 3m water proof

Latest posts