Friday Night Quiz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your Score: 85%
You're a True Expert!
You got 34 correct out of 40! You scored better than 90% of quiz takers.

Some very questionable and dubious answers for some of the questions as not all states have the same uniform road rules.

Whisp said:
You're a True Expert!

Some very questionable and dubious answers for some of the questions as not all states have the same uniform road rules.

Whisp, Think it was Collins St in Melbourne where I sat for about half hour watching how they negotiate the "hook turn" (hmm is that the right name?) Thought it weird turn right from the left lane? Someone can probably correct me, believe it is to do with not getting run down by a tram?

It was originally to prevent delays to the trams, they couldn't make their times because they had to keep stopping. Main reason nowadays is it attracts tourists from other states to the CBD :playful:

P.S. You guys have the gold, we have the hook turns. Wanna swap?? O:)

Nightjar said:
Whisp said:
You're a True Expert!

Whisp, Think it was Collins St in Melbourne where I sat for about half hour watching how they negotiate the "hook turn" (hmm is that the right name?) Thought it weird turn right from the left lane? Someone can probably correct me, believe it is to do with not getting run down by a tram?

I got caught with this one a couple of times back in the 70's. I was driving a semi and obviously in the RH lane to turn right but the cop (I think mounted) waved me through straight ahead. After an extended round the block trip dragging 30T the same thing happened again. I was a slow learner then and I've gone downhill since :8

Bit tired tonight, fell asleap in this one and clicked a mouse button, LOL go it wrong anyway, :lol: :lol:

1613714735_quiz.jpg

Latest posts