For the wee people

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, nice one mate :D . $56 is a bit rich postage on a $10 sluice that fits in your pocket though.

DD

Yep, next they will be giving free tickets away to a teddy bear picnic with each purchase.

G'day

I actually went digging for Leprechaun gold once. We were sieving at Kookabookarra when a big storm came through so we bolted for the car to wait it out. Once it cleared a rainbow appeared and landed about 300mt away on the other side of the river. I took this pic and decided that you don't often see that, especially when you've got a truck full of prospecting gear with you, so just had to head over with the shovel.
1391636178_image.jpg

Not a sausage :( It was during the GFC so maybe the leprechauns were doing it tough as well or possibly I didn't dig deep enough but I can at least say I've done it :D

Cheers

Chimpy

Kookabookarra seems to attract the storms.
Was there a few weeks ago,gloomy afternoon but didn't look threatening in any way and then pow out of nowhere huge bolt of lightning grounded about 100 metres from where I was digging.Bolted for the van and then all hell broke loose with wild storm pushing through with gale force winds, cyclonic rain and lightning going off left right and centre. Had to sit it out in the van and had similar rainbow after the storm pushed through.

that's a ripper chimpy,
I reckon I will deny this in public,
but I have one of the prospectors choice sluice's that fits in your glovebox :D .
never tried using it, but it looked cool and I was bored and it was cheap :rolleyes:
boredom plus e-bay equals trouble. :p
regards tm

Reminds me of one of my cliches about life.

Keep looking for the sunshine and blue sky in life

Even on days when you get a storm or two remember that after a storm is when you see the best rainbows.

So if you're going through shit , persevere , coz there must be a rainbow on its way if you keep open to the possibility

Ok this is my personal take on the gold at the end of the rainbow(no one elses).
Shortened .
The ancients knew quite a bit of good info and put some of it into stories to make sure it perpetuated,.... to be sure(Irish).
Now a rainbow is actually a circle (which has no end you say) of which we only see a part.
Having no end except one (the pot of gold), which is of course the sun, which is at that end of the rainbow !!!!!!!
How much did they know and understand .....
Because to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow you would need an intimate understanding of light and optics or natural science.

Too much time on my hands you say ?

I wonder what that is out on Hawthorne Rd, right up the end on the right hand side as your going out, looks like it could be his and hers toilets on the left looking down through Google maps Mike, though I have been known to be wrong on the odd occasion.

I was looking to see if I could spot any Pre Decimals at all.
Or is it all just gold down there mike?

Latest posts