Flood watch, East Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here it comes again.

A flood watch has been issued for the East coast between SE Queensland and the Manning River valley. Hopefully it is a false alarm but there could be major flooding, sorry for the bad news everyone. :( Paterson and Williams Rivers could be affected by Sunday or Monday also, hopefully this is not the case.

we missed the last lot of rain at taree in the manning...we were doing the washing in the nice calm sunny days..20 kms in any direction and people were being killed in the wild weather... this is a pic from last weekend over at stroud...

I am not sure if anyone was killed in the car or van... both brand new.. new VW amerok and a brand new van as well.. another ruined dream,, they say a wall of water came down the creek over 20 ft high.. :/

Would be a nice change to get some more rain before winter. I can see the clouds rolling in.

Its raining heavy there jaros? Im cloSer to the coast. A few light showers this afternoon. Nothing heavy as yet

The clouds are thick off the coast here and looks to be raining heavilly out to sea on the radar, if it moves onshore it will be quite wet. I just hope it stays out to sea or goes somewhere it's really needed.

I know a guy that had a property near tamworth.. he now lives with his sister because he only had 50mm of rain in 2 years.. went bankrupt, lost everything he had worked for....if only the rain could be where it is really needed.. Imagine all the water that has flowed out to sea on the coast being redirected into the other side of the ranges.. aus would change.. :)

kawman said:
I know a guy that had a property near tamworth.. he now lives with his sister because he only had 50mm of rain in 2 years.. went bankrupt, lost everything he had worked for....if only the rain could be where it is really needed.. Imagine all the water that has flowed out to sea on the coast being redirected into the other side of the ranges.. aus would change.. :)

That would mean building more dams. Greenies won't alow that. Usually after few years of good rain, there is going to be long period of drought.
Karl

It would be far too smart to build dams to redirect the water to the other side of the ranges and stop our homes being washed away and everthing getting trashed along the rivers and the water flowing out to sea totally wasted... the greens don't like us touching the animals habitat, but it is ok to watch them burn in the forests because of no back burning and lets drown the rest that survive the fires in our floods... yep this will save all the little critters... :|

Latest posts