First swing ever..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got to get a swing with my new detector. only got about 30min in the backyard before i had to pack it up..
Still getting used to the things, so many weird noises and numbers. The house isn't very old so there will be nothing special in there.

I found my first coins, a 20c and a 1c. gotta start somewhere i suppose.. also some scrap and a hammer head in the garden..

1377496460_untitled.jpg

I hope so go down the road and have a look around the local community hall which I believe was built in the late 30's

Great effort. Everyone generally starts in the backyard. In a couple of months all those weird noises will be your detector talking to you and mean something. Good Luck

Still looks like fun. I'm hopefully heading to Bendigo on Saturday morning to pick up my first detector. So will soon be trying my backyard also :D

Great stuff .went out bush the other day with my at gold didn't find to much came home had a swing behind our cars and came up with a 1957 penny and a 1945 half penny,dug more holes than the dog. :D

tried a swing this afternoon at the old scout hall... nothing, just junk. there was an old house there that is now used as a council garden thingamabob, that I thought could be good, but i think they redid the roof in the last 10years and threw the old screws on the ground, they were everywhere. might go back later on and try and clean in up a bit, because I think there is a bit of potential.

I continued to search my backyard again this afternoon, found more junk and 15 more cents. Also found a Matchbox truck trailer under a tree when an old tree house was, i was hoping for more stuff under there, but only the matchbox..

Latest posts