first permission

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so the last week or so i have been feeling a bit down towards detecting and was almost set to give it away, but today has been a bit of a surprise, had a guy come into my shop to 'kill a little time' and we got talking, well he is the manager of a large property that has some very cool old history associated with it, well after a chat i thought i would just throw it out there and ask for permission to detect the area, he said yeah and wants to show me the spots where the old houses and sheds were that were torn down 50 or so years ago, needless to say it has really lifted the mood and has got me excited by the prospect, and as a sweetener a little bit of gold is known to be in the property :D

holy smokey my friend!
you are one lucky duck and i reckon your going to find some 1800's coins!

I've only done one permission, a small museum that was a dance hall and returned soldiers hall. All other detecting in public spaces.
I have a few in mind that I really should chase up.

Well what a lucky break! Hopefully there will be all sorts of finds Jamie. It should be an area to return to as well.

Enjoy it and good luck!

thanks guys, it is a huge area that had a few houses on it at one time, will take me along time to do it all, fingers crossed for that elusive rams head shilling i have heard so much about and only ever seen from other people finds lol

Ramjet, chase em up mate, could be really worth it

Dont forget to ask where any old schools , churches or halls were if any. They are the best loot spots apart from a possible buried stash in a backyard ;)
Gaz.

Well done on what sounds like a very promising permission. Sounds like it came along at the right time. Frustration can be one of the biggest drawbacks in this hobby and causes a lot of people to give up. You've just got to stick with it. Make sure you keep in contact with the property manager with regard to your visits, finds etc. He may know of other properties and could put in a good word with their managers/owners. Best of luck and happy hunting.

yeah man well done ... good luck .. sounds like your on th money there . just gotta dig it up cheers

Cool Jamie, We all go through that from one time to another and having Doubts etc, That's normally bought on by a Lack of options, Keep going Mate, Life Is Good,

well only managed about half an hour in the new spot so i headed directly to the biggest tree near one of the old houses, which has a very old rock wall running along near it, not much luck got heaps of modern type junk, bottle tops, ring pulls etc as it is used as a paid camping area for the public but i have a good feeling about the place just need to put in the hours

jamie said:
well only managed about half an hour in the new spot so i headed directly to the biggest tree near one of the old houses, which has a very old rock wall running along near it, not much luck got heaps of modern type junk, bottle tops, ring pulls etc as it is used as a paid camping area for the public but i have a good feeling about the place just need to put in the hours

If you take a good look at the place and pick out the most likely place people would chill out that would be a good place to start.

Latest posts