First outing Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a months license to see how I go. Anyone give me a location but street name or co-ordinates? I found a map online that has lots of pick axes on it...not sure if these are places to go as some look like they are private property. Maybe someone on here can confirm?
1571527838_8a2f0398-75db-4faf-a529-4c0b6570ae89.jpg

After you have 10 posts up you will be able to download maps from the top toolbar way better than this one. You can always just type in Google say, Brisbane gold locations and you'll be surprised what the results are.

Jaros said:
After you have 10 posts up you will be able to download maps from the top toolbar way better than this one. You can always just type in Google say, Brisbane gold locations and you'll be surprised what the results are.

I am trying to get there. Nearly there ha ha.

MarkAllen said:
m@ttACT said:
Hi Mark your almost at 10 posts

Patience is a virtue! I guess that is the same with prospecting ha ha. :playful: :lol:

Bingo :Y: :goldnugget: :pickshovel: you made Mark :sunny: all the best when you get amongst it :beer:

Yeah mate. Now it means hours and hours of research, you get your hopes up and get out there and soon learn if it was easy finding good gold everyone would be doing it.

As testament Ive known prospectors whove been doing it for 40 years who still go nuts when they find a good bit of gold.

Goodluck with it all Mark

Yeah I have been reading up for a while. Watching YouTube videos too. I know it wont be easy and will take hours to find gold but like you said..if it was easy everyone would be doing it! Ha ha.

Thanes creek is a starting point. We stay at the Glendon Caravan Park where there is fossicking permitted. Take your own water as I doubt whether there is any in the rainwater tank near the ablutions block. Don't camp under any gum trees-just in case they shed a 2 ton branch. :(

Jaros said:

Interesting Jaros. How do I download maps from the toolbar?

Very interesting. I would also like to know how to download maps. Except i cant find any house button. Im pretty hopeless with technology tho lol.

Moneybox said:
Jaros said:

Interesting Jaros. How do I download maps from the toolbar?
I think these maps are only available to premium members.

Its known by atot of people that there's gold around Caboolture. Rocksburg.ect.
All of it is flood gold..and you have to work hard for small flour gold.... also im from this area and i don't know of any well known members in this area. :8

Latest posts