First Crack at Urban Detecting with GPX5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

i decided it would be cool to go an check out a local school which has plenty of searchable ground outside it's fence, found lots of chopped up drink cans, and lots of foil and stuff.
used my 8*6 sadie in general search , with the cancel switch on as EXTREME emi, with RX gain up high to compensate
But managed a coupla decimal coins and a really ol car door handle (still cannot figure that one , considering where i was) have only did a very small portion of the possible ground, so looks like more visits coming on
what sort of car does the handle fit ?

1419735933_wp_20141228_001.jpg

An 8x6" sadie in cancel is likely to only go about 2 inches deep. Better off using the 11" DD coil in Cancel. You can then get some limited Iron Reject working as well.

Door hadle,
Can you post a pic of the back of please.
It looks to be of an old Plymouth.

PhaseTech said:
An 8x6" sadie in cancel is likely to only go about 2 inches deep. Better off using the 11" DD coil in Cancel. You can then get some limited Iron Reject working as well.

i used an 11inch mono today , and in cancel again due to really high emi, didn't seem to go any better than sadie ?

but i did pick up my first pre decimal , a 1931 penny :cool: as well as some decimal change :)

i will try as you said and go back to the 11dd ;)

That 20c piece the 1968 one is a little rarer than others in the series and considered collectible. Having cleaned it will reduce some value but worth more than 20c :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...H0.X1968+20c+coin&_nkw=1968+20c+coin&_sacat=0

edit - does that 2006 have a double edge or is it just a camera reflection or something. If it is an error they are worth a little extra at times and I find them interesting as they are quite unique when you consider some coins have been minted in the 10's of millions. Some nice finds well done.

Westaus said:
That 20c piece the 1968 one is a little rarer than others in the series and considered collectible. Having cleaned it will reduce some value but worth more than 20c :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...H0.X1968+20c+coin&_nkw=1968+20c+coin&_sacat=0

edit - does that 2006 have a double edge or is it just a camera reflection or something. If it is an error they are worth a little extra at times and I find them interesting as they are quite unique when you consider some coins have been minted in the 10's of millions. Some nice finds well done.

thanx heaps for posting, i will watch my dates and research a little more now !

it is more fun doing this than gold prospecting ;)

Ur first penny a sign of what is to come. I remember how many hours i put in for my first penny was almost laughable. Now the pennys and pence florins etc are rolling in

this is today's bounty :cool:

no more penny's but still loads of fun and i still have a third of the first quarter of area to do 8)

1420437183_p1090604.jpg

i only got an hour an a bit in today :8

these came from ground i had been over going the other way :8

just goes to show ya can miss some 8.(

1420611351_p1090605.jpg

Looks like the lawn mower has got a few of them. Good luck with the treasure hunting! Keep the pics coming. :)
GT

Not the first choice in coin detectors, but seems to be doing the job. Looking forward to see what else the 5000 picks up. :)

Latest posts