First attempt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have mastered finding bits of iron, specifically unused staples, which is puzzling.
Currently in kalgoorlie about to try my hand in a new spot tomorrow!
This time without kids buzzing around me

madtuna was saying the other day that those staples are from a staple gun used on lease boundary pegs.
Ive seen quite a few plastic sleeves full of paper work stapled to the wooden boundary pegs.
The one that boggles my mind are the used ones in the middle of absolutely no-where :|

So the final tally was 3 buck shot, 1 nail and a bunch of pieces of wire.
Something i was surprised at was one spot that looked like it would have the goods, a quartz reef in a laterite zone over greenstone bedrock. The quartz was iron stained and running down hill into salt and pepper country. Nothing there, not even rubbish and i hit it with the sdc2300 and the gpz.

Getting trash says you are doing something right!

I havent seen gold yet. I walked up an isolated valley! Hmmm! And i hit fencing wire! Huh, up here! Its there, somewhere, it has to be!

Those that succeed keep adit!

Aussiedigs said:
Getting trash says you are doing something right!

I havent seen gold yet. I walked up an isolated valley! Hmmm! And i hit fencing wire! Huh, up here! Its there, somewhere, it has to be!

Those that succeed keep adit!

Yes i definately treated this as a learning trip, and I'm encouraged by the fact i was able to locate 3 tiny lead balls. They didn't give off a loud signal (deepish) so i think i did well to find them. One of them i was really hopeful on as i was down 20cm before it come out

The forrester did well off road but it's lacking clearance to navigate gullies. I had to pop the bottom plastic bumper back in slightly after one creek crossing. Next trip I'm planning will be 7 days and I'll be hiring a Landcruiser for it i think.
I think I'll stick with the gpz next time as well.

Doing the same thing in two weeks...Dunolly way 14th July....would love something to take home to the bossso I can do it another time

Latest posts