Finding hot spots in creeks with a sdc2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has ever used an sdc 2300 or any metal detector to find a concentrate of heavy metals or black sands ? As I am buying an sdc2300

I do it with my good old trusty GT16000.
I set it up with the gain backed off and discrimination up a bit.
Wave it over a creek bed and when it starts to wallow, That is your
run of black sands, ironstone etc.

So it works then I was just wondering if it would that's really good to here and now I'm really excited!!

Good thing about the SDC is it's waterproof.... I am heading for a swing tomorrow at the local fossicking area and will swing mine over the place the blokes run their sluices in the creek... reckon there might be some there . It's worth a go !!

Good luck Gappa !

Here is a secret.......shotgun pellets and 22 bullets find the holes the gold lies in ;)

Find a slug with the SDC and go deeper for a golden smile in your pan :D

Wally69 said:
Here is a secret.......shotgun pellets and 22 bullets find the holes the gold lies in ;)

Find a slug with the SDC and go deeper for a golden smile in your pan :D
True,I panned a shotgun pellet last time I was at Oallen and in the same pan was my first little picker ( a very little one ,but I could pick it up with thumb and forefinger so I'm claiming it as a picker :p :p )