Finally have Minelab 4500 and ready to detect in NE Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know of the potential for nuggets in and around the Beechworth, Eldorado, Yackandandah area or the Reef Hills (near Benalla), Chiltern Box Ironbark etc?
I have collected a lot of river gold from the area, assuming that it's river gold and not nugget country.

Any info would be appreciated as i'm keen to start detecting in my local area, but unsure as to whether i should try here, or head straight to the triangle.

Cheers

Daniel

If there's gold in the rivers, it got there by shedding from the source deposits above Dan.

As per my sig...... there is no better indication of a lot of gold, than a little gold.

The Ovens Gold Rush at Beechworth started in February 1852 so its a known gold bearing area.

Pretty soon other discoveries at Yackandandah, Nine Mile Creek, Stanley and Wooragee followed.

There are three identified gold fields areas in the Indigo Shire: Beechworth, Yackandandah and the 'Indigo Goldfield' (at Chiltern-Rutherglen).

All worth a look Dan, have a plan and bring the pan!

;)

Latest posts