Eurobodalla LGA NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pig Iron

Steve Jones
Reaction score
Hi forum

Heading to Narooma for a few days and can't leave the SDC behind. Anyone had a swing around the Eurobodalla Shire area

Was told by a guy who lived there when growing up, that there is good gold in the upper Tuross river , but not sure about detecting size gold

About 40 minutes north at Mogo theres plenty of places to swing...Been hammered over the years but the SDC might be just the ticket for the small stuff that's been missed...Just before the bridge at Mogo coming north there is a turn to the left,follow that along for a few k's and take any little tracks off it and have a look..Plenty of old diggings to be found.
There is another road past Mogo about 1k called Runnyford road off to the left,follow that and you come to a y intersection..Take the left road and do the same as above,plenty of diggings to keep you amused..

Cheers...

Hi,
I am just down the road at Tathra. :)
As you can see.
Two places I would research are Nerrigunda and Mogo.
Bush is pretty thick in these places and at this time of
the year be aware of the usual Dangers. :) :)
Above All, Have Fun.

I would go for a swing with you but I am going to the NAPFA meeting at Hill End
next week end. Would not go down well with the Minister of War and Finances. LOL
As Sparra said.
I reckon you would be best to go to Mogo. Nerrigundah is full of ticks, Snakes and Greenies.
Be a bit careful for covered mine shafts. Forestry have been fencing them off but there are
quite a few nearly hidden under the undergrowth.
Sparra's directions are spot on. There are miles and miles of diggings every where up there and you should go home
with a few peices and a heap of old bullet shells and shrapnel. LOL
There have been some reports of unexploded ordinance found in the area.

Ahhhh mogo....did a few exercises with the army there, leeches if I remember correctly....

LOL,
Yep, Down in the Gully's and after a lot of rain.
Like as in the last few week's.
Part and parcel of the game.
Found a lot of evidence of you blokes in there.
Could go into the brass recycling game with the amount of blanks found.
And Lead. :) :)

That is Correct. :) :)
I am being let out of the house at the moment for it
as it is important to me to be there. :)
This weekend I have a set of jobs delegated to me as long as your arm. 8)
Besides, I have never been to Hill End.

Thanks so much guys.

I'll pull a few fatties our of Corunna Lake then see how I go with the SDC. Really do appreciate you sharing the local knowledge. It really helps.

Cheers

Steve

PM me Cobber if you wish and I can prepare a Google Earth Map of where you may find a few pieces.
And some tips and Tricks for Mogo.
Can't see you going home without a few bits.

Mogo still has an abundance of gold. Don't be scared to throw the SDC into a few of the creeks. Look for some of the lesser used tracks. B-tree Rd, Gravel Rd and CPT 157/4.

Hi All,

I'm heading down that way for a family trip in December. I think I'll be able to sneak a few hours in at Mogo...I hope.

From what I can see Mogo creek is accessible, that is there are no restrictions on getting in there. I was just thinking heading into the creek just next to town.

Is it correct that there is public access?

Thanks.

Well, I managed to pop into Mogo (Fossickers Permit in hand). I thought I'd just hit the entrance to Mogo creek and walk up it (not far from town). Wow, I got that wrong! It was really overgrown and boggy and not really worth bashing through. Which was a bummer. I did manage to drive through the forest a bit and hit another creek, but other than a leech and some pyrite, nothing worth mentioning.

I suspect if I was willing to walk to Mogo creek from a different point it would have been different, but I wasn't really equipped for navigating a through the bush.

Anyway, good to get out there and to drop into detectaden and buy some Christmas goodies.

Here's to more luck with my next visit.

Latest posts