Essential prospecting equipment - only in the US of A

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's the customer service manager :eek:

No complaints..................or else ;)

20a5ts7.jpg

Is there any normal activities they/(you guys) undertake without the need for firearms to be involved

pay dirt if you lived there with bears and mountain lions I bet you would have more than hand gun or are you as tuff as chuck Norris :p

Bahahahaha, so you seriously think its for bears and mountain lions when they come over to check all the NOISY action with a few humans hanging around. So does every backcountry hiker take a firearm with them?

all the ones that had a gun came back alive.. :)
Paydirt said:
Bahahahaha, so you seriously think its for bears and mountain lions when they come over to check all the NOISY action with a few humans hanging around. So does every backcountry hiker take a firearm with them?

two guys go hiking in bear country one guy said to his mate your in running shoes not hiking boots that's right if I see a bear I will be able to get away his mate said you cant out run a bear the other guy said no I only have to out run you and I will survive you will not be so luck sorry mate :D

Paydirt said:

In Australia we are very lucky that there are not many things that will eat you when you are out in the bush. So if you think wild animals are going to be scared of you just because you have a water pump running and making a little bit noise then you could be in for a surprise. I talk from experience as I grew up in Africa where a firearm is essential kit if you heading into the bush so i kind of know what i am talking about. but when a wombat that raids esky at night is nothing compared to a bear of lion comes calling because it will bite you f*&^ing face off and wont care how much noise you make because you are meat and its hungry its that simple!!!

I diunno the Bush Tucker Man always had his .44mag on his hip wandering around in the Mangrove areas, probably for good reason. :) I would not want to be Bear food.

there was a grand mother taken by crock in nt it was dragging her to the water her son jumped on the croc and shot him with his hand gun lucky she never stoped her son playing with guns ;)

I am on a few American/Canadian prospecting forums, and i assure you bears and mountain lions are a real threat for some over there.
Personally after the size of some of the leeches i have seen, if we were able i might think about packing while out panning ;)