Escaping the Canberra frosts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
G'day guys,

If you don't hear from me for the next week it's not because i'm abandoning ship, or being unfriendly, It's because I'll be in FNQ.

Catching the 6am flight out of Canberra and heading up to Gladstone. From there onto a "Mother Ship" bound for Swains Reef some 200ks out to sea. Will spend the rest of the week chasing Coral trout, Red Emperor, Spanish Mac's, GT's and diving for Crays.

Will be thinking of all the "Southerners" freezing your Buts off, panning in water many degrees below the Barrier Reef. Best of luck on the gold, as I'm told the only "Gold" on the Reef is "Gold Spot Trevally"....Ohhh and XXXX. Should get some good "Pics" to add to the Forums Fishing Section. Good luck if you're on the creeks.

Cheers Wal,

Lucky bugger.
Think we need to make a trip like that an annual PA members trip.
We can market this to our wives as an educational/networking trip.... :)
Good Luck Wal
And dont forget the Dencorub for when you get spooled
Cheers
Chris

I'll put the pan on in anticipation of a nice serving of Coral trout or Spanish Mackeral.

Hope you fill the boat!,

Marine weather that area does not look good for Swains area.-----------

Pete

hi we love your vids love to catch have a asain wife and love my fishing
WalnLiz said:
G'day guys,

If you don't hear from me for the next week it's not because i'm abandoning ship, or being unfriendly, It's because I'll be in FNQ.

Catching the 6am flight out of Canberra and heading up to Gladstone. From there onto a "Mother Ship" bound for Swains Reef some 200ks out to sea. Will spend the rest of the week chasing Coral trout, Red Emperor, Spanish Mac's, GT's and diving for Crays.

Will be thinking of all the "Southerners" freezing your Buts off, panning in water many degrees below the Barrier Reef. Best of luck on the gold, as I'm told the only "Gold" on the Reef is "Gold Spot Trevally"....Ohhh and XXXX. Should get some good "Pics" to add to the Forums Fishing Section. Good luck if you're on the creeks.

Cheers Wal,

hi hope you catch heaps have i fished swains befour your vids are grate my wife is asain and we live in lennox head nsw pop in i will take you fishing snapper at the moment we can swope some info you guys are the best love it

paul mam said:
hi hope you catch heaps have i fished swains befour your vids are grate my wife is asain and we live in lennox head nsw pop in i will take you fishing snapper at the moment we can swope some info you guys are the best love it

Thanks for the invite Paul, Love my snapper fishing and will definitely call in for a coffee and a chat when next in Lennox. :) If you need any advice on the Hi-Banker just ask and i'll try to help you out .....Best of luck,

Cheers Wal.

Thanks for the "Good Luck" wishes guys and chucking them strait back to those chasing the yellow on the creeks. Stay safe out there.

Cheers Wal,

joe said:
Good luck on your warm journey Wal & Liz, safe trip and lots of gold :)

Thanks Joe, But I'm not leaving for WA this week, Fishing for a week in FNQ (leave first flight out tomorrow morning) and then back to Canberra for about a fortnight, and then over to Halls Creek for a couple of months after that. Good luck if your out at GG over the winter mate.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts