Drywashing Conveyor system

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Day , This is my Conveyor set up to keep me out of the "Dust" zone .

1644430523_12vconveyor_012.jpg

I will post a video after my validation period .

1644432052_conveyer_test2_048.jpg

1644432082_conveyer_test2_043.jpg

"Does anyone in Australia use a vacuum to clean bedrock cracks ?"

Some may , but generally we Aussies are too lazy :lol:

You have quite clearly put a lot of time and effort into your gear, hopefully it is paying off for you.

"Not allowed to use a vacuum here."

Not entirely correct, can be used on your own lease, just don't know anyone that bothers.

xracer550 said:
Hi , I am in Sunny California , I think we all prospect the desert in a similar way Metal detecting , Drywashing/Dryblower , Sometimes with a small sluice , Does anyone in Australia use a vacuum to clean bedrock cracks ?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/22601/1644513101_cover_contest_07.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/22601/1644513221_ord_2.jpg

Not here but I can see the value in it if you have that type of terrain. We don't hove those types of rock formations. We have a solid layer of what we call caprock, a sedimentary layer usually 300mm to 500mm covering the soft soil underneath. Gold has been widely distributed over almost all of the surface of this almost flat country by geological events long ago. There are numerous gold bearing quartz reefs running deeper but where they were exposed they've eroded and scattered the quartz and gold widely.

1644534909_scraping.jpg

We attempt to scrape the thin layer of loose sediment from above the caprock and put that through the dryblower. Most of our easily available dirt is 200mm to 300mm deep.

I started to build a vacuum for sucking up dry stuff . Got a s/hand vacuum motor from a house system . Steel drum about 40 -50 lts . Never finished it off , still got the parts .

BTW I did read of a mining company that was using one . They were mining a very rich quartz vein , so they hoovered any thing that fell down .

If no power equipment can be used does that make drywashing illegal ?, My conveyor is 12V is that illegal , 12v Water pump ?, In California they are trying to ban all Gas powered small engines , Leaf blowers ,chain saws , Generators , We must Save the world .

Most of the gold mining areas Have been detected Hard so what is left is too small to see , This is a good day's find with the conveyor set up :
1644604610_dscf2088.jpg

sand surfer said:
pretty good finds for a days worth of toil mate :Y:

All we can use is a non powered machine like the little hand wind Keens Puffer. 12v powered is out but metal detectors are exempt from this rule.

Wow that's a lot of restrictions can you use a cleanup sluice at camp? or do you pan everything , Or your Nuggets are so big you don't care about the small stuff ?

Latest posts