Dry Blower test run @ Ararat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJB

matt
Reaction score

Hi Guys,
I have this video in the DIY section but thought I would put it up here too. Its my self built dry blower that I recently gave its maiden run at Ararat. I was pretty happy with the result and can't wait till the weather warms up so I can go to town with some dry dirt.

Sorry about the video quality, I had to convert it from HD to email size and even then it took ages to upload. Still trying to wrap my head around You Tube. :8

Enjoy,

Cheers

Love it, nice color, great build. We get so much info on bankers nice to see a blower getting a run, bring on summer. Thanks for sharing, Balx

Great vid MJB and a fantastic effort with that build. Don't be too concerned with the vid quality as it's a YouTube image quality control problem they're trying to fix. Certainly got to put one of those dry blowers on the "Projects to build" list myself for next years trip over to WA. Congrats on a very professional build there mate.

Wal.

Nice work mate, I love the dry blowers as well and can't wait to have a go at making one. What happens to the dry blower when the soil is a bit moist? Clog up the mesh and riffles? I would try mine out over towards Stawell and maybe Dimboola ( I don't know if there's gold there but its nice n dry, you never know, probably just find shotgun pellets ) Vid seems to be fine too

Always wanted to do that, good build mate, but a lot of work to replace the divot, and leave the land as you found it.

Thanks everyone,

It's a great feeling to be out there succesfully using something you have made yourself. The damp dirt caused more troubles in the hopper than the riffles in all honesty however it did start to build up in front of the riffles themselves. I cleaned out every half hour so it did not get long enough to become a problem. It did not clog the fabric up at all.

I was digging into an old mullock heap and had the tailings going down into an old sluice channel / gully. Any holes I made were filled in with the larger rocks and tailings left behind :)

I love this thing and fingers crossed I will be having a very succesful summer.

Cheers,

Hi MJB,I just picked up a second hand Keene 140,and after seeing that , really appreciate the work you must have put in to build your own..a lot of hours I bet..well done..

Baldy said:
Hi MJB,I just picked up a second hand Keene 140,and after seeing that , really appreciate the work you must have put in to build your own..a lot of hours I bet..well done..
I would have mentioned / reccomended MJBs dryblower but I thought you were after a concentrator :(

Hi Atom Rat..I've been sitting on that second hand 140 for a little while while I made up my mind..it was a fair deal and not too far away..I think I will get a gold cube next and not the Keene super sluice..just chase the best deal..got to have a look at those shaker tables you mentioned..also cheers Baldy

Just watched the vid, nice build!
Was wondering though, anyone thought about those vibrating exercice machines?
there are some fairly cheap ones out there, and I reckon a modified sluice placed on one of those machines might get a similar result, run off a portable generator.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwP57oWvF4

Latest posts