Don't be shy guys :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We seem to have quite a few lurkers (no offence) that visit the site on a regular basis but never or rarely post.

I just want to say to those guys why don't you come and say hello, introduce yourself, ask a question or show us your finds if you have any. We're a friendly bunch of people here and are always up for a chat :)

You'll allways get that on forums Nug.
Some people will sit back for a while to get the feel for a place before being comfortable to post or if new to the whole forum thing, need some time to figure out how it all works.
The first forum I ever joined, I sat back & followed for nearly a year before becoming active.

I recon the site is going really well for a forum only a few months old. :)

Cheers guys, the forum's going better than I ever anticipated. I put a lot of work into the site so I'm really happy people are using it, we've got a great bunch of people here and I'm sure there are plenty more to come. I also really appreciate everyone who has helped the site get to where it is now :)

I've always had the mind set that ask all and some one will share.

Some love too read while others love to contribute, but When it comes to sharing, tell all and may be you will get a share in response, ha what's the worst any one can say "no".

To me it's the thrill of the hunt and finding not necessary the keeping of it, but that's

information is golden and some one to experience it with.

Was the same with comp fishing, you can tell everyone, who ask, where you caught them but how many people try, a very renowned bass angler said to me one comp, "it's you against the fish not you against another angler"

There still have to get up off there butt and have a go.

So to all, you may have that honey hole of gold and or coins, lets see it, pic's are great and it's not hard to upload.
:/

there will always be lurkers as a lot of the time people feel embarresed to ask a question on a subject as they think it may be the stupidest question but i think they need to learn as all the silly questions if answered help us all to be better prospectors as every bit of knowledge no matter how small it is if taken on board helps the question and to be an important question , and we all have to learn from some where so i hope those that lurk take the next step and do some posts to help all here cheers Terry

Ive been a member of numerous fishing forums over the last few years.
Most lurkers dont have any bad intentions, but are normally a bit shy or unsure what to say initially.
Obviously there will always be lurkers who are after information without wanting to contribute.
You can only encourage these people to introduce themselves and become part of the forum.

Latest posts