DIY Wal Bankers maiden voyage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1482914783_002.jpg

1482914784_008.jpg

1482914785_012.jpg

1482914785_013.jpg

1482914786_008.jpg
I would like to say thankyou to Wal for putting the DIY info online for his Highbanker among many other interesting things, champion bloke. I tested my new Wal Banker yesterday in an area that isn't much good any more but it still captured enough of the yellow stuff to give me confidence in using it anywhere. The beauty of his design made it easy for me to operate alone on this occasion and after experimenting with levels and water flow i think i found the sweet spot to run it, had no blockages and didn't matter how much clay and rock i threw onto the hopper it handled it well. I'm impressed also with his forward classifier screen as it's easy to push the overburdon off onto the left or right hand side and if any little nuggets come along the classifier i'm sure i wouldn't miss them. Any way overall a good solid test of kit and many more to come, i'm using a cheap Thornado pump and it went well, see you all in the field, happy days Dolphin.

Putting it Straight,
You have done Bloody well Cobber. :) :)
And you reckon you are in a bad spot. ?????
I would stay there and slowly work it for a few days.

Nice job mate ...and nice gold as well...Though i do think you would loose some gold...even nice nuggets down that angle on the sides...it could ...and would just run along it and out the end..... :D

(Tongue in cheek )Yeah terrible spot,why would you want to go back there?Sell us the co-ordinates.lol.

Eldorado and Smoky, Your comment's are funny and I picked the vibe.
Dry Humor. :)
If I had a spot like that and I thought it was poor,
I think I would have to have my head read. LOL

Just giving advice on his high banker...gold will run down that angle that holds the bread crate down. :eek: :D

Ha ha that's funny, hey fellas the only reason i said that spot wasn't much good any more is because it was heavily dredged in 1902 for many years and the last five times there i didn't find much at all. How ever after saying that the Walbanker obviously showed it's superiority to produce gold in an area like that with the result as you can see for yourself, i shall try the area tommorow and see if there's much difference and let you all know how i go, just finnished 70hrs of shift work atm.
Happy newyear to everyone on the forum, take care from Dolpin.

So what happened to the unhappy post ? I hope it wasn't removed by mods, that's getting a bit extreme if it was, not being nasty, just wondering ?

Hi Smoky Bandit, nice to meet you and thx for your advice. Most people think the angle is one full section on each side but it's actually four separate pieces. The 1st section of angle from under the hopper to the bread crate finishes at the middle joining riffle that holds it all together alongside the expanded metal which is where 95% of the gold is caught, anything that slides along that hits the riffle and then has to navigate it's way through the bread crate trapping with the rubber backed woven rubber carpet under it so i'm happy with that but may do something different with the angle 2nd section that runs along the bread crate edge which you have kindly mentioned as i agree with you and would hate to lose a percentage of the catch over a technical error, cheers Dolpin.

Dolphin said:
Hi Smoky Bandit, nice to meet you and thx for your advice. Most people think the angle is one full section on each side but it's actually four separate pieces. The 1st section of angle from under the hopper to the bread crate finishes at the middle joining riffle that holds it all together alongside the expanded metal which is where 95% of the gold is caught, anything that slides along that hits the riffle and then has to navigate it's way through the bread crate trapping with the rubber backed woven rubber carpet under it so i'm happy with that but may do something different with the angle 2nd section that runs along the bread crate edge which you have kindly mentioned as i agree with you and would hate to lose a percentage of the catch over a technical error, cheers Dolpin.
All good mate...very well built banker...And nice gold as well... :D