deus xp i see the light!.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well i stuck up for minelab and the ctx3030 for a long time when these poms were telling me it misses targets and not very good on gold .but i finally got a deus and have used it for a week and i realised something .not only did i find $90 in coins that i had swept the areas 3 times in the past month but i realised that if the ctx sees iron it takes it circuitry about 2 seconds before it will reset to see another target meaning that when i was sweeping over areas and picking up iron that was discrimed i could of ran over coins and not heard a sound simply because the machine picked up discrimed iron before hand and it has shown in the coins i have found .

dont get me wrong im not trying to sell the deus to anyone but to miss that manny coins in a month and having my settings tried and tested over and over again .ive realised the ctx is hopeless in trashy areas and just not fast enough to pick up multiple targets and i loved my ctx but what i have seen from the deus has opened my eyes right up! and i mean wide open.

to pick up coin after coin mixed in with a peice of tin foil and run over it with the ctx only for it to not show a target and null out i think minelab have some work to do because paying $2600 for a machine that cant even see coins or good items in trash is rediculas .the weight of the ctx was another thing but im not gonna go on and bash the ctx because i have liked minelab products over the yrs but im realising now just how much farther ahead these european developers are they are definatly ahead in the metal detector race .

part of me is sad because i have stuck up for minelab and really want minelab to win because they are australian but the amount of targets i picked up in the last 3 days makes me wonder what is going on at minelab and why is this fbs technology not able to see coins in junk .how is a advanced vlf detector absolutly dominating the fbs technology .

i agree its good to have accurate ids but whats the point if you cant see through trash and having a smaller coil means it will take you all day .i currently have the 11inch on my deus same size as ctx so i just dont get it?.

i bow down and accept defeat from these poms they were right all along .i am now a xp deus convert:).

havent tried it on beach yet but heard it goes ok for a vlf detector .as usual all vlf detectors struggle on beach but apparently deus has some in built stuff to counter the sand .also i was using the ctx3030 on the beach and now im starting to think how many targets did i miss by the machine nulling out over iron.as i said i dont sell deus but it is rediculas what this little machine can do not only can you swing it for hrs on end without feeling like your arm is gonna drop off but its ability to see coins and jewellry in iron infested holes sometimes i was pulling out 4 peices of tin foil and thinking that was the only thing in the whole then pulling our $1 and $2 coins amoungst all that rubbish and it was sites my ctx went straight over 3 times and didnt pick it up .im really blown away by this .i was totoally against the deus just because it wasnt minelab and it wasnt australian but the deus will not only pick up items at the same depth as the ctx with the 11inch coil it will see all targets weather it be iron or good targets .something the ctx just cant do .im really starting to doubt fbs technology now.

one thing i did notice with the deus it loves jewellry like its very sensitive to very small gold and stuff .ive found 2 rings also but both are silver but the way it goes nuts over the target you know its jewellry everytime cause it screams in a differant way .

Glad your enjoying the Deus mate.

Making your hunting experiences more rewarding and pleasurable is what its all about i say!

Good Luck ;)

Masked targets. Iron nulling. Never used fbs tech. Still so many extra coins on face value it seems you've adopted better tech. What percentage where "hidden" by junk would you say? $90 must be a good spot! I guess we'd all like to have confidence in the machines we swing. Have to look at an opportunity to swing one now with this post, see if any further behind. Went shooting behind a 3030 and found some inconsistencies, but operator experience can also play a significant role. Very interesting.

i actually went to 3 differant spots that i searched at least 3 times with the 3030 and pulled up $90 in 1s and 2s could not believe it .the ones hidden by junk at least 80% of them had tin foil and iron mixed in with them .i mean i dig more targets with the deus cause its id is not as accurate as the ctx3030 but at least i can see the targets now where as i feel the fbs technology dosnt see coins mixed with iron and junk and the problem is on the beach and most parks have litter and trash everywhere so i feel this is why the deus is a better all round machine .

the other problem that i found with the ctx is i wouldnt enjoy metal detecting as much cause the machine is just to heavy and especially for older guys who enjoy the hobby its just not realistic swinging a really heavy machine like that around .i dont know what it is about the deus but when you swing it something just feels right about the machine .its light .you can swing it in heavy trash and set the reactivity high to hunt out good targets and it has heaps of programs even a gold program that you can use on the beach and i live the wireless part of it .again im not trying to sell people the deus but there is so many pluses that this machine has over the ctx3030 .sure the ctx is waterproof but whats the point in having a waterproof machine if you cant even see the targets in iron .

You can get around the recovery speed problem by running Minelabs wide open with no discrimination in trashy areas. I know this is the exact opposite of what we buy these machines for and your ears take a bashing, but it does work well. Forget the screen and listen for tones instead. I only use discrimination on my Explorer in clean areas. If you use minelabs this way they are as fast as any other machine on the market. Just my two cents. I have never used a Deus but it does look like a great detector.

The Deus is my favorite machine.

Super light, very very fast and "can pull the goodies
Out that sit right next to iron.

Don't try to preach too much about it though since
Many minds are made up with what brand one
Uses.

youtube is your friend.

yeh i did see a few vids on this but even minelab say to do a 4 second sweep from 1 side to the next and 4 seconds is a long time from side to side to be swinging a machine that weighs almost 2.5 kg .i think the ctx can be fast in some circumstances but definatly not as fast as the deus in recovery .i had a ctx for a yr and a bit and the deus is like lightening .

the ctx is still a good machine but the weight and the chance of missing targets i just dont wanna take that risk anymore .the one thing i notice with the deus is it is so sensitive to gold and jewellry way more sensitive than my ctx .my friend was always trying to get me to get a deus and i never believed him but now im seeing why .i mean i dig up more targets with the deus because it also likes a bit of tin foil now and again but to pull up so many coins from 3 parks that i spent like hrs and hrs on going slowly with the ctx im slowly realising how good this deus is .the real thing that killed the ctx for me was weight and it wasnt just me but many of the guys i go detecting with they all complained about arm strain and not being able to detect for extended periods of time .one of my friends even sold his ctx after 6 months cause he developed shoulder pain and then had to see a surgeon to check things out granted hes 55 but still thats the sort of weight the ctx bring to the table balanced or not its still 2.5kg.

i like that the ctx is waterproof tho and the colour screen is nice and all but yeh the weight and the iron nulling really blew it for me .i agree with you the ctx is a good machine to learn by sound prob better than most detectors cause of the 50 conductive but yeh it can get noisy on the ears i knew a guy who was a expert on the beach with the ctx he would unmask everything then run over the sand and would be picking up targets left right and centre but i noticed that the margin for error with the ctx is very small example : say you have 10 targets in the sand together 1 target is a coin and 9 is trash .there is only a very very small position you have to have the coil over in the sand to get a ping of that target from the ctx and its like looking for a needle in a hay stack you have to have that coil directly over the target like a centremetre each way or you wont hear the targets .

with the deus the margin for error is alot bigger example : if you have 10 targets in the sand 1 is a coin with the deus you just swing the coil over the target back and forth and it dosnt matter weather your dead on the target or not the deus will sound off anyway because its recovery speed is extremely fast im talking like you can swing this thing 1 second each way like your running and on reactivity 4 it will sound of a target so easy .i just couldnt do that with the ctx it would be impossible .

and there is many videos showing this even with the screen unlocked the ctx still nulls in iron .dont get me wrong i loved the ctx and i dont wanna bag it on here but the iron nulling and missing targets really blew it for me and i so wanted minelab to win the detector wars i really did i would praise the ctx3030 and stand up for it when people told me it was hopless over iron and i told them they were clueless and another few harsh words .until i actually got a deus and realised that this machine is god there is nothing better in the way of metal detectors for treasure and relic hunting .

what surprises me is how in the hell they make such a powerful machine out of a tiny little control box and a coil with no wires its got me baffled .

Wolfau said:
The Deus is my favorite machine.

Super light, very very fast and "can pull the goodies
Out that sit right next to iron.

Don't try to preach too much about it though since
Many minds are made up with what brand one
Uses.

youtube is your friend.

hey wolf yeh im seeing the truth now .this machine has shocked me .yesterday i was standing in a park with my mouth wide open thinking wtf as i pulled out coin after coin after coin .this thing is some other beast .it does things that my ctx could never do lol .

thaitran said:
what surprises me is how in the hell they make such a powerful machine out of a tiny little control box and a coil with no wires its got me baffled .

This is a cutting edge company.

XP just about makes everything in France including whats in the controller box.

Take a look at the link below, paragraph 2.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/uk_conception.php

I am looking forward to there next detector they build ;)

Latest posts