Deteknix XProbe PI pinpointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to try one of these out yet? In my original post, I thought the frequency of this pinpointer was way too high to achieve reasonable depth, but that was under the assumption that it was VLF, not PI.

There are a few convincing reviews around now for this pinpointer, and it has some good features that would rival if not surpass some of the more expensive mainstream brands, including lack of falsing that is an issue on both the propointer and profind when pressed into the soil.

My original distrust came from some adverts claiming it was a pi unit, whilst others made absolutely no mention of that fact, and coming from China, sometimes you have to be vigilant on what you are actually buying.

Being PI, I can see this being very useful at the beach over the main brands, pricing is pretty keen as well.

There is now an Australian agent for Deteknix selling via a facebook page:

https://m.facebook.com/deteknix/posts/280237015497015

GP I have used at least 3 different versions and the release model is more than OK.

I would suggest that they are great value for the $ and the functionality is also up there; if not better that some.

But you need to chat to others as I could be seen to be biased on this matter.

PS. Pink / Orange and Yellow will be here soon...

Nice one Nenad, I ended up going for the fluro green, as I have a habit if losing stuff all the time. :lol: Is is easily louder than any other pinpointer I've owned which is as you mentioned, good for when wearing headphones, not so good if sneaking around at night. ;)

What sort of battery life are you getting on your line of rechargeble 9v batteries, or too early to tell?

Goldpick said:
Nice one Nenad, I ended up going for the fluro green, as I have a habit if losing stuff all the time. :lol: Is is easily louder than any other pinpointer I've owned which is as you mentioned, good for when wearing headphones,

not so good if sneaking around at night. ;)

What sort of battery life are you getting on your line of rechargeble 9v batteries, or too early to tell?

just select Vibrate only for night work :lol:

AngerManagement said:
Goldpick said:
Nice one Nenad, I ended up going for the fluro green, as I have a habit if losing stuff all the time. :lol: Is is easily louder than any other pinpointer I've owned which is as you mentioned, good for when wearing headphones,

not so good if sneaking around at night. ;)

just select Vibrate only for night work :lol:

True, I just don't to use vibrate only as much as I should, too used to listening to the tunes. ;)

Goldpick said:
Nice one Nenad,

Not too sure as I only do short hunts here and there and usually chuck it on the charger when I get home. I guess that's a good thing about rechargeables - keep them topped up and you don't have to worry about if/when they will go flat. I'm currently out of stock on them, got another batch on the way. They are rated to 300 mah.

That's it Jaros, and adjusting the Sensitivity doesn't alter the way it reacts. More sensitivity gives you more depth, but the beep rate remains unchanged dependant on the depth of the target....if that makes sense :rolleyes:

Bought one of these from site sponsor AngerManagement. He provided fast/excellent service, and a great price. Thanks Mark! Seems a very good tool, rugged, lots of features, useful accessories and detects really well. One less rusty nail in my front yard allready!

Latest posts