Deteknix digger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
I received my Deteknix digger from Nenad today to replace my busted Lesche (thanks Nenad), and it looks to be a pretty good piece of kit. It is a tad longer than the Lesche, and a noticeably wider which should prove helpful for excavating plugs. The rubberised handle grip feels much more comfortable and less slippery than the plasticky grip on the Lesche, time will tell on how durable it is in the field.

The rear also has handy inch increments stamped into the blade for checking target depths, and a sturdy looking sheath is also included.

I prefer this particular model due to the serrations being on the left side, considering I am a lefty. :)

1446452310_img_20151102_184119.jpg

1446452331_img_20151102_184147.jpg

1446452349_img_20151102_184210.jpg

anton said:
any thoughts on the digger, yet, GP?

All good so far Anton, and yes I was out digging. ;)

The Diamond digger is definitely a lot more comfortable to use than the Lesche, the soft textured handle is much easier to grip and bit more friendly on the skin (have had blisters in the past from the lesche plastic handle cover) .

It dig and cuts just fine, you can certainly notice the wider blade, a lot easier to get in under the plug or to lever up a slot in the grass. Nothing bad to say about it really, except maybe the serrations tend to catch on the stitching/webbing on the top part the sheath at times, nothing major. Good value for money I reckon. :)

Thanks for the report. Yes the slightly narrow opening on the sheath has been reported back to Deteknix. To get around the chance of the serrations grabbing, you can push on the blade side when sliding in.

Totally agree with your comments of slot cutting, works very well and a great way to recover targets in delicate areas or under tree roots.

I have also found that in silty soils or areas with dry litter or mulch, I have started to use the side of the blade to scrape off the surface instead of wearing out all my shoes :eek:

In addition to Phase Technical's response..

I have found that as per Deteknix advice to me as to
you can push on the blade side when sliding in.

If you squeeze the sheath slightly it pops open a bit. Over time and use; mine no longer needs any help and it drops straight in.

PITA to start with; but as it is a firm fit; when I squat, the digger does not slide out like the others did .

Agreed, he sheath is pretty stiff being new, it should loosen up over time. I am sure the same issue was experienced with my previous garrett & lesche diggers when first purchased, though I tend to throw my digger in the finds bag these days vs utilising the sheath. Those serrations are pretty damned sharp, it loves fingers. :D

A quick mod for the pouch. I cut the side out of a 2l milk carton (plastic) 130mmX70mm cut at 65mm on long side to a depth of 35mm. Fold long side in half with fold on same side as serrations of blade Insert in pouch stitch to belt attachment. Fold front down & stitch to pouch. Trim to suit. When i sewed the top i tucked the velcro handle strap inside the loop & sewed it at same point. Cheers.
1448499274_image.jpeg
1448499294_image.jpeg
1448499316_image.jpeg
. I have been useing this for 2 weeks Works well. Cheers. Dave.

Latest posts