Detecting tips!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bright white!!
Here are my picks with a fresh coat of white 'Appliance' paint..

Nothing worse than walking up on your next target and reaching to your belt for your pick.... and it ain't there!

1632905627_20210928_202813.jpg

Can't wait to wear the paint off again?!

I use combo of fluro paint and pink ribbon, I have lost and found my pick twice. on both occasions it was the pink ribbon that caught my attention. :Y:

Well I dont use a pick holder & just hand carry it everywhere & STILL manage to leave the pick behind occasionally :(

No colour scheme works everywhere but I find that the green stands out in the red soil country & the pink & yellow elsewhere. Tape helps protect the wood from rocks too

1632987186_20210930_172259.jpg

PS: note that I have mounted my magnet on the pick blade. Did this by drilling thru the spring steel blade using a tungsten carbide milling bit in the drill.

Magnet is on the inside of the blade so it doesnt get knocked off on rocks and it has a mild steel washer on top to protect it.

I find it much better than having it on the end of the handle for two reasons :

1) I dont get dirt all over the handle whilst stirring it in the diggings.
2) I pick up 90% of shallow metal just when doing the 1st few scrapes. For bigger pieces you hear a "click" and know it is iron & now on the magnet.

Saves heaps of time

Latest posts