Detecting in the hunter region

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad Mike

mike rogers
Reaction score
Hello everyone
Ok so I'm back after a few minor medical screw ups
Finally got myself a gpx5000
Putting it together tonight
And going out in the hunter region where I know a few old gold mines haven't been touched since the late 1800s
Cheers
Ps my how this thing has grown lol

Glad your back mike, but I thought you were a bit taller, that Avatar does not do you justice, :lol: :lol: :lol:

John.

Hi Mike,

Have you had a chance to get out in the hunter region..any luck? are you talking hunter as in moonan/stewarts or barrington region?

always interested if anyone is seeing gold closer to the central coast than the central west.

Does anyone in the hunter detect much, ive just started and found my first piece of gold around coolongalook last week.
Im keen to meet up with some people to go scouting through the forests around gloucester and coolongalook.

Hi Joshlv.
This should be of interest.

www*finders*com*au/forum/viewtopic*php?t=1869&highlight=yalwal)

Substitute * with .
Look for patches1 post

Cheers
Rob

Joshlv said:
Does anyone in the hunter detect much, ive just started and found my first piece of gold around coolongalook last week.
Im keen to meet up with some people to go scouting through the forests around gloucester and coolongalook.

Hi Joshlv. We're going up that way in a couple of weeks. Have a fair bit of family history of gold in the area and have camped around Coolongolook a bit. We usually go to Queensland, NT and WA for a few months in winter.

Latest posts