Deepest gold find with sdc2300

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a .36bit in a rock about 6/7inches.cheers Muk.
1471930016_image.jpg

You do need to stick to the shallow ground though G and A to stay in the hunt with the sdc unless you're hoping to swing over a bigger piece sitting on top of a rock or tree root not too far below the surface. My suggestion is to work the shallow ground and the edges to the areas that have been surfaced.

Hi Gaz & Al

I agree with Scrounger. I am keen as mustard and getting out as often as possible. Have been running the SDC on the high side of the water runs (not the banked side) and have been getting some success on the surface in fine quartz areas. I am such a newbie and know little at this stage about where to hunt but if you go slow and listen it delivers. I'm getting more accustomed to the burble in the sound to get the small target.
Check out this monster i lugged home today from Little Bendigo with the SDC. It covers the Echidnas nose underneath the five LOL.

Good luck.

1472029762_img_6313.jpg

I must not be understanding something. If I can find a 5c piece at 18 inches deep with sdc why would I not be able to find a 2 oz nugget at 18 inches deep. I mean people are finding .2s at 5 inches. I found with a borrowed sdc a lead shot at 10 inches at Wedderbern in compacted road base. Surely a 2 oz or bigger would send the sdc nuts.

Can someone please explain

For sure it will but there's just not many 2 oz nuggets left. Maybe deeper but there for the gpz boys.

Bjay said:
For sure it will but there's just not many 2 oz nuggets left. Maybe deeper but there for the gpz boys.
Sorry I don't believe it. Oz is a huge country you can't tell me all the big nuggets have been found. A bloke I know asked me in Weddeburn were he should go detecting (Ray) I told him I had just gone swinginging over there and found a couple of bits. He went over and found 2 more. So even if its been flogged hard it doesn't mean it's not still there.
Same place my Bro inlaw found a decent sized speci.

Wishfull said:
I must not be understanding something. If I can find a 5c piece at 18 inches deep with sdc why would I not be able to find a 2 oz nugget at 18 inches deep. I mean people are finding .2s at 5 inches. I found with a borrowed sdc a lead shot at 10 inches at Wedderbern in compacted road base. Surely a 2 oz or bigger would send the sdc nuts.

Can someone please explain

There is no reason why the SDC can't find deeper targets as long as the targets get bigger as they get deeper,

Go squash a Coke can Flat and stick it in the ground at 30" you'll soon see if one of them 25ozt nuggets has you name on it.

being a PI if it can see it in the Air it will see it at a fair Ole depth too.

John.

Got a question to throw out to all forum members, have a budget of about $3, 500 dollars, what detector should I be aiming for, given I have little experience, given I am only interested in searching for nuggets not treasure or coins? Most likely search area central west NSW. Appreciate all advice

Latest posts