Decisions Decisions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One for the brains Trust. I have a 4500. Not happy with my coils except.of course my trusty 11 inch commander. Am going to buy the 12 inch evo and the 11 inch elite. Which one should I get first?

Yep, you have a perfectly good 11" so maybe concider the 15" round evo.
The 18" Advantage spoked round was a wicked coil on both the 4500 and the 5000

Also NF are bringing out a range of DD coils....everyone should have a whacking great DD in thier kit :D :Y:

Ha ha loving the replies. I just after payed the 12 inch Evolution. I'm chasing plus gram nuggets guys. Only my 11 inch commander seems to find them so it was a natural choice for me to get something of similar size. I think for a big coil and deeper gold I will go for a larger Minelab one. Thoughts?

By the way I have the 15 inch evo. And a 25 inch advantage. Plus a sadie. The biggest nugget with the 15 has been a .06. Sadie hasn't found anything. Haven't used the 25 much. Bit heavy and more suited to the open grounds of WA or vic pine plantations. Was going to try the big bugger last week at Creswick.

RobboChasinYella said:
By the way I have the 15 inch evo. And a 25 inch advantage. Plus a sadie. The biggest nugget with the 15 has been a .06. Sadie hasn't found anything. Haven't used the 25 much. Bit heavy and more suited to the open grounds of WA or vic pine plantations. Was going to try the big bugger last week at Creswick.

They are seriously the 3 exact coils I am looking at to purchase. I have a 1 week old 11" Ultra Sensing Detech. Interested in any swapping?

Hey Northeast nah mate. Thanks anyway. I just need to learn how to use them properly ha ha. I seem to have all the luck with the 11 inch commander hence my purchase of the 12 inch evo. I am loving the responses to the commander range and would dearly love a few more of them namely the 15 by 12 and dare I say it the 8 inch

No probs :Y: Newly purchased a QED so am keen to try a few different coils before I buy anyway. Just got to find the time (and the coils) to do that.

I would be interested to hear your report re: the difference between the Sadie and the 8" Commander if you end up getting one.

I often wonder if the difference between an 11" Detech Ultra Sensing, a Coiltek Elite 11" and a NuggetFinder 12" Evo would be the same as splitting hairs?

Northeast said:
I often wonder if the difference between an 11" Detech Ultra Sensing, a Coiltek Elite 11" and a NuggetFinder 12" Evo would be the same as splitting hairs?

It certainly is!
Build, price, weight and colour are more differences than the actual performance. But I do believe the 12" Evo has a smidgen more depth on bits over a gram.

Evo's are the only one's with a breather valve, same as the GPZ coil.

P.s. I have a Sadie here if you're after one

"P.S. I have a Sadie here if you're after one"

I had a look at your website just a few days ago PT ;)

All of these are interesting - nice prices!

Nugget Finder 20 Advantage Mono (spoked) $210
Minelab Commander 1512 Mono coil, very light scuffs $150
Minelab Commander 11 Mono coil $135

Brand New Bargains
Minelab Commander 1512 Mono coil $185

Do you do trade ins?

I do think before I purchase anything though I want to give potential coils a run. Detector, coils, wireless kit, etc - it is all adding up :argh:

Latest posts