decent priced sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, saw that one. Have it on my watchlist for fun, along with many others. Most times they skyrocket in the last 1/2 hour though. I'm hoping for a Sovereign/Musketeer/16/17/18000 or that bracket, some day..... Either that, or once I get a few successful builds under my belt I might have a crack at making one off the Russian forums. Just ordering the parts for the Hammerhead, Barracuda and Proscan now....

Heres an absolute bargain on gumtree
Would already be mine if i were close by
1456027527_image.jpg

not a bad price, the coil looks like its seen better days. cant replace the coil either

The sad thing with older detectors, even if they're great machines, is if something goes wrong with it, the manufacturers/dealers are either unwilling or unable to repair it or get parts. In this modern world of corporate consumerism they will tell you to throw it away and buy a new one.
I wonder if ML repair GPs and 3500s ?? Probably only their currently stocked models?? And probably replace not repair?

The blokes who were capable of fixing detectors have been back-stabbed and made defunct, had their dealership contracts torn up, and been replaced with pimply-faced kids and a feeding chain of corporate parasites.
Old-school service and backup replaced by a sales pitch. Advice that was once free, now factored into the costs of the "package" deal.

If Minelab still serviced the Golden Hawk, it would probably be worth $1000. But that would not help the new machine turnover required to pay for high salaried shiny-bums.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts