Data Providers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no tech head but i recently upgraded my computer from 4 gigs of ram to 8 gigs. I'm on WI-FI seems a lot quicker but could be my imagination.

Wishfull said:
Diggit does Namebench work on android phones.
It must be my phone dns because my PC laptop is okay.
Not knowing what I'm doing re dns change is a worry I don't want to stuff up my phone.

It seems to me that I need to go to Belong on my Wifi settings and do a long push and then go to modify network configuration. Then show advanced options. That's as far as I've gone with it.
Am I on the right track ?

Every router is different but usually you put in a local ip address in your web browser. Your Belong wifi router manual may have more info.

https://support.belong.com.au/nbn/troubleshooting/nbn-modem-settings

I'm with you Wishfull internet is appalling on the bottom of YP no service at all for several hours Sunday morning and we're on satellite nbn as no phone line here that blue line hardly moves at time so I just turn it of in frustration. Was in Minlaton Mon. morning and business there gave up waiting for his info to load and used the old fashioned way look it up in catalog. Read an article just over 2 years ago about the Yanks complaining they weren't in the world top 10 for internet speed and it finished of by saying at least they weren't as bad as Australia where they have the slowest speeds and the dearest internet in the western world. NBN was a poor choice by the Gov of the day anyway. :mad: :mad:

Harbourmaster. Your right. We can't even get NBN here where I am. We're on ASDL2. My cousin next door is with Optus and has wireless NBN the tower is about 700 meters NW of us. No good asking him anything much about it though he's not very tech savy. Have heard some bad reports about Optus coverage. Some will probably disagree no doubt.
I know Minlaton have had some big problems lately.

Australia's internet is terrible compared to overseas.

Latest posts