CTX Vs Makro Racer, Recovery Test.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:
I like the GPX style with the control box being set up like that, the only thing that seems not quite right is the handle and the stepped shaft, I don't know why they did not make it straight,

Thanks for clearing that for me, John.

I love the feel of the Fors shafts. The Xterra is the same and they feel great even without a counterbalance at the back. Put an Xterra box on a straight shaft and it doesnt feel as nice.

Thanks Nenad, Whats you view regarding the Balance with a big coil when you use the Racer compared to the Fors Set up, That is the only thing that makes me hesitant about the Racer,

Thanks again, John

Fors is slightly better balanced with the big coil.

I'm using my CoRe with 11x7" coil and Racer 2 with 10x5, and Gold Racer with 7.5x4".

Have the 5" mounted on the Gold+ which I was mainly using to hunt shallow goldies but the Racers are getting more use these days. Too many detectors in service and I may thin the herd a little and replace the Gold+ and CoRe with the Relic.

PhaseTech said:
Fors is slightly better balanced with the big coil.

I'm using my CoRe with 11x7" coil and Racer 2 with 10x5, and Gold Racer with 7.5x4".

Have the 5" mounted on the Gold+ which I was mainly using to hunt shallow goldies but the Racers are getting more use these days. Too many detectors in service and I may thin the herd a little and replace the Gold+ and CoRe with the Relic.

Thanks Nenad, What is the smallest bit you have found with the Racer 2 so far ? and does it handle the hotter ground better than the Gold Racer ?

thanks mate,

John.

There are dug WW2 German SS helmets in Europe that sell for 2000 Euros, that's AU$3000. Close to a 2oz nugget.
Think about that when you hit the discrimination button over there.
C

Latest posts