Cryptocurrency mega thread

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got verified last nite so just stuck on $100 to have a play, bought tron and SC which have both done well overnight.
But i only mess around with what i dont mind loosing so just a bit of fun for me

Heatho said:
Crashing again, doh!. :rolleyes:

What you're seeing is what I'd call micro profits, some are not into waiting for a huge increase in percentages....
To explain it better if you bought 1000 coins @ $194 that being litecoin and it now being $240 you'd sell that off you'd get $46000 less fees you're still in a profit...Remembering some Exchanges have better fees than others...
Micro Profit but still better off....

Edit - My profit was off 1 zero

Right guys I apologise for not posting the last few days. I wasnt worried by the drop and didnt sell one unit of anything evrn though some were down 50%. They were still up a lot for me so it was only paper profits that were getting hammered. Last year at sametimewe had another mofo of a pullback that gave way to a great year for crypto. Worth remembering that the firsy btc CBOE futures contract expired on 17th also. Coincidence? Either way for those who sold during the dump for a loss, welcome to trading, hope you learned a valuable lesson. Tree shakes happen, ALL of the time and new money in weak hands is likd a lamb to the slaughter.
As long as we don't dip below $8k I see $25k, $30k and higher before next major pullback.
I bought TRX and MANA pretty much at their lowest point which both gave up over 40% profit in very short order. I haavent even looked at the market today because I decided to bring my kids camping for a few days. When i return i hope to see massive gains :D
Never trade on fear or any emotion. You can see how volatile the sector is and if you let it affect you well, you're toast.

Happy hodling :)

cairnspom said:
Ok guys, any sites/blogs (that you don't mind sharing ;) ) For up to date news, and info?

I just'bought in' (in a small way) and found myself almost picking 'em with a pin! There's so many!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0
General gist, from my understanding is 95% are going to fail. Spread your risk, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Did you get your verification sorted?

cairnspom said:
Thanks for that Mr Magoo (that takes me back!) Still not from BTC but Coinspot came through. Yes I only 'dabbled' so far with a couple of hundred, and yes, over 3 coins...see what happens! :D

I've been going on IDEX, looking at the top volume traders then taking a look further at their webpage, reviews etc. It's like you say, pin the tail on the donkey but if we're in we're in with a chance.

So far apart from some copy trades on etoro.com I've bought XRP, BDG and TEL.

cairnspom said:
Ok guys, any sites/blogs (that you don't mind sharing ;) ) For up to date news, and info?

I just'bought in' (in a small way) and found myself almost picking 'em with a pin! There's so many!

I use crypto report (oneword) to track pricing change. However on there you will find all sorts of relevant info including a snapshot of the crypto and links to the particular crypto website. All you do is push the listed crypto (ripple, bitcoin etc) and a new Window will open that you can scroll down. This can help decide if you want to speculate or invest.

I'm really at a loss to give specific sites/blogs, I have found there is almost always a particular agenda, although there are some fantastic pieces of information available. There is a lot, and I mean more than any one person could posiibly digest, of white noise and less than helpful 8nfo out there. It's a wading game.

My strategy is twofold. Speculation/growth/profits, which I track throughout the week and attempt to increase my holdings whilst taking money back out for financial gain . This represents 70% of my total transactions and original start up stake. The idea is to trade for free and includes some higher risk holdings. Most of my holdings trade for free and stake m9ney/profits held as BTC. I regularly withdraw double figure percentages of this stake/holdings.

The longer term goal is to find an anonymous crypto where global trades can exist. It's early days but I'm closely following Monero as the crypto world grows as it most resembles what I hope to achieve. When that day arrives my total non crypto assets and cash base will begin to enter the digital realm in a very significant way. I believe an autonomous, decentralized state will become a reality and my net worth will largely be placed there leaving my "Aussie" fiat financial existence at the absolute lowest conceivable level to avoid taxation, scrutiny, and general devaluation.

The second is long term holdings in more recognized cryptos that have some future and backing by larger companies who have an express purpose long term. Examples are Etherium, ripple, SLUMENS etc, but guessing who will ultimately control the markets they intend to capture or support is anyone's guess. Noone can say who the next Google will be, the breakout crypto/blockchain entities are far from decided, and I hope to continue to hold a financial interest as it grows from its current infancy into true global mass adoption. I remain unconvinced the current market caps are a reflection on capabilities, more so driven by potential and speculation. That said I'm waiting for the progress and real world results to come into realization, which will really grab attention and massive increases in value, as the larger institutions, companies all the way down to Mum and Dad investment comes into this space and finally recognized as a true asset class.
The strategy I employ for this is to increase my holdings at the lowest price point, the lower the price the more share (or individual pieces) I get.

Both strategies are underpinned by buying (predominantly) BTC at the very lowest pricing point for trade swaps. It does not however all come easy and requires more patience at times than just about anything else I do.

As it stands crypto/blockchain has not truly been embedded in the wider physce of mass population, and in fact in some circles has been ridiculed like some sort of sideshow or ilegitimate enterprise with no value or future. I can assure you once it penetrates and reaches acceptance everyone in this space now will be rewarded as the early adopters, it's just being agile enough, and caculated enough to back the correct entity.

So with that in mind all my research/trading/investment is divided along those lines.

Well, after buggering around with these cryptos over the past 2 weeks I have realised that Coinspot are a bit dodgy with the way they do things, firstly the graphs and estimated value of holdings are all based on a buy price, when you sell there is quite a large disparity between buy and sell prices plus the fees they charge on top. So make sure you take this into account when selling coins. If they were to make all the info based on the sell prices of your holding it would be a lot better. Anyway, they must be making an absolute fortune.

I'm cashing out $200 down from when I started, I might buy back in buuuut I don't think so.

I know there is usually a spread on any trades between buy and sell prices but yeah, not really impressed with Coinspots prices, graphs and other info.

Yep I noticed this the other day that their buy price is a lot higher than the average going rate as does coinbase.

Today coinspot buy price $16862.51Au ($13472.81USD) for 1 Bitcoin

at the time 1 BTC $12,526.10 USD on https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Looks like double dipping to me as they inflate the buy price and then charge you the fee for the transaction. I am probably wrong as I am not a finance guru..

So when selling, I try to factor in the buy price and the fees from it to try and make a profit. Unsuccessfully so far, as I am still down.

Been watching it for awhile & thought it was sketchy but also very apprehensive about joining overseas exchanges etc.
The amount of info required is ripe for identity theft which I've seen happen to a couple of blokes (albeit not crypto related). We need a good Australian exchange with realtime prices if they are to really take hold here IMO.

Latest posts