Crown roads sell off gaining momentum.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In NSW so far since 2012 when the rotten NSW government decided it would "ccelerate" the crown roads sell off it has sold 5036 crown roads (so called paper roads) at an average price of $11 000 each to generate $43 million. A lot of these roads were used by Kayaks, fishers, bushwalkers oh and yes us prospectors and fossickers also.

The Baird government knows no bounds when it comes to greed. Most landholders with these roads jumped at the chance to purchase them and lock the public out, which in my view is tiotally un-Australian! There are still 4500 more waiting to be sold off with only 685 that were not sold due to objections.

I find this a disgraceful act by a rotten and greedy government who are also selling public housing out from under some of our poorest citizens and forcing them to re-locate to areas away from family, friends and the area they know.

Access to these roads is now lost for ever.......

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-gover...ff-angers-outdoor-enthusiasts-20150529-gh4zsj

how do we stop it? read about this a little while ago... the long paddock across the country is being sold off

This was raised awhile ago & apart from a handful or so of people barely raised a whimper. I think the horse has bolted & the only way to stop it is on a local level with local interest group/s support as access roads come up for sale/privatisation.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1443&p=1
(The petition is long over in the above link & I really don't know that they are worthwhile anyway).

Yeah I remember that thread Matt, I was grumpy and signed it. A petition was never going to work as gubbermint greed always wins, they probably needed an extra $43 million for new diamond encrusted dunny paper holders or Ivory adorned monogrammed back scratchers or something......

We recently went on a trip down the back of Kangaroo Valley where we usually go. I remember going there when I was little too. This time we went to drive down and this old lady with a rake jumped out in front of our car to make us stop. She then proceeded to tell me how this road is now private property. That is fine, we didn't know, there was no need to be a B..... about it :( There goes that spot.

Thats the rotten government for you. Very greedy. Cares not for the individual. Makes stupid idiodic laws to prevent our freedom. Only cares about the wealthy foreign investors handing over truckloads to the government to rape and pillage our society more. And we are left helpless and unheard with no chance of stopping anything they cross there hands about. Idiots.

Tell me about it, we are trying to buy a house at the moment. We only have 400K to buy with and unfortunately every house we have made an offer on (at least 20) have been snapped up by foreign investors :( What about us Australian's who want to buy a home? in their own country? The government really needs to do something to limit the spending here. Did you know we are like the only country who doesn't use it's own natural gas? we sell it off overseas cheap and import expensive gas for our citizens?

G'Day K-Dizzle

Just a little point here about foreign investors because I used to work in that area - approving it and so on. A foreigner is not allowed to buy an existing house unless they are a citizen of Australia or have a permanent residence or similar visa. Whats more they have to live in it and are not allowed to rent it out. If they do so they will loose the house no matter what they paid for it. I am not saying that everyone follows those rules but if they are found out then they loose the lot.

Foreigners are allowed to buy house and land packages and rent them out when they are not a citizen or have permanent residence. That was made so that we get more houses built and provide jobs for builders and others.

What can be claimed as a point however is that when more people are bidding for a house then the prices go up but that may only be partly as result of foreigners here immigrating to Oz.

This also moves into the realm of agricultural land where the general public think that the Chinese are buying up all the farm land. This is not the case as the Chinese only have a small proportion of the farm land with the largest buyers being those places with not land like Switzerland as number one followed by places like the UAE, UK, Singapore and so on. A Chinese firm did buy a couple of dairy farms in NW Tasmania a while ago and that created a huge flap in the press. The trouble was however that the Mayors of those shires all went o China and asked the Chinese to buy them. All the farmers were old and their children did not want to taking on a dairy farm and neither did any other locals. so the whole industry was going to go down the gurgler.

Araluen

That really is interesting, I didn't know that. I was told a few weeks ago that one of the houses we made an offer on was snapped up by a Korean investor who wished to rent to property out. This was an existing house, so either the Real Estate Agent was telling fibs or he just didn't care about the laws. Another house we made an offer on was snapped up by a couple from China who wished to purchase the house for their son to live in. The couple reside in China however their son is a citizen this was a different agent than the first house. I thought it was strange that they were telling us this as I thought that information was meant to remain confidential. Maybe they are just telling us this to try and make us up our offers? If that is the case, it isn't working.

they are also not meat to be sending more than $50k out of china... there is a lot of suspect / blurred line dealings going on despite what the politicians say

The Vic goverment did this years ago with selling off crown land that was leased by private property owners, a friend of mine scored some nice prospecting land................ Good for him, sux for us, crown land is crown land for everyone to utilise, goverment douchebags, they'll never learn, probarbly all sitting around throwing out 'reverse randells' to each other,, while they're other hands patting each other on the back, Idiots :mad:

K-Dizzle said:
We recently went on a trip down the back of Kangaroo Valley where we usually go. I remember going there when I was little too. This time we went to drive down and this old lady with a rake jumped out in front of our car to make us stop. She then proceeded to tell me how this road is now private property. That is fine, we didn't know, there was no need to be a B..... about it :( There goes that spot.
Hi K-Dizzle, I know the area pretty well if it is the kangaroo valley just down from clay gulley, You complain about roads being sold to landholders, I had property a few years ago with open rods people came and camped in holiday, I Did not mind i cut wood left for them no charge, I run cows and calves, I was repaid by motor bikes riders single out calf run it to it dropped then pick out another same thing , I no longer own the property but if i could have bought the road i would have, Ron

Latest posts