Creswick Detecting Advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have just brought a detector and keen to come across some yellow stuff I've been out a handful of times and have not had any luck as yet!
I want to try around White Swan Reservoir in Creswick any advice??

cheers

Hi Jesse,
Creswick does not give up her gold easily !
White Swan is a well know area and the terrain can be difficult, the ground can also be very trashy in some areas so quite frustrating...
If you turn onto Codes Forest Rd or Glen Park Rd off White Swan Rd there are quite a few areas that look interesting to detect over, also if you carry on down Codes and pick up Shuttleworth Rd there have been a few small nuggets found either side of the road, just look for the diggings....
Nerrina Rd would be worth a look too, the turning is also off White Swan Rd opposite Codes... a lot of diggings in there but the hillsides look quite steep, not been in there yet but it is on my list

Good luck.

Hi Billabong,
I'll defiantly take a look around those areas, I had a look up Shuttleworth Rd in the burnt out area backing onto the creek and found a reasonable amount of 22 shells nothing remotely interesting.. I'll keep you posted if I find anything thankyou.

Latest posts