CQ Club

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrisJoe have you just moved up Clermont way, or just having a trip up there?
I moved from Emerald about 6 mths ago- Clermont used to be my old detecting area. I didn't realise how spoiled I was with those grounds until I moved back to Sunny Coast.

I'm moving to moranbah in 4 weeks time so will be hitting up Clermont on the weekends soon and next year when I change to shift, every 6 days for a week.

I'm still trying to get enough people interested to make enough people to form a legitimate club so we can have a committee and monthly.meeting.and such.

The end goal is to be able to approach local land holders in the general goldfield area up there to get exclusive access rights for club members so we are not restricted to the GPA's.

I'm still building that website and will work on a homepage/clubpage for it rather then.just the forum. And once the club gets established we can transfer it from a free hosting to a proper Web server.

BrisJoe said:
I'm moving to moranbah in 4 weeks time so will be hitting up Clermont on the weekends soon and next year when I change to shift, every 6 days for a week.

I'm still trying to get enough people interested to make enough people to form a legitimate club so we can have a committee and monthly.meeting.and such.

The end goal is to be able to approach local land holders in the general goldfield area up there to get exclusive access rights for club members so we are not restricted to the GPA's.

I'm still building that website and will work on a homepage/clubpage for it rather then.just the forum. And once the club gets established we can transfer it from a free hosting to a proper Web server.

Great stuff mate, you are going to love detecting up there. I wish I still had access to those fields.
Mate don't right off the GPA's, there is still plenty if Gold in them- shit loads really! My personal favorite was Birimgan GPA- got something everytime I went out. Don't waste ur time in the Museum GPA or Town Reserve GPA, both are so trashy is unbelievable- there is Gold there apparently but it will do ur head in trying to find it.
FYI it is very difficult getting access to private property, you need to get to know the owners pretty well before they let you on- alot of them are scared that someone will take out a lease/mining permit on their property, or they themselves think one day they will dig the stuff up- no one trusts anyone up there.
Also be very aware that many people in the 'game' up that way WILL give you the bum-steer whenever they can, even the ones that retail the gear to you & seem to want to help(read between the lines there)- greed & jealousy is everywhere up that way mate.
Also, there is huge areas still within the Blair Athol State Forest (outside of the GPA's that can be looked at- many many many old diggings everywhere- many of them marked on maps too. Its like a candy shop mate!
Goodluck with it all Joe, you are going to have a ball. :)

BrisJoe said:
Well those interested, join up to the webpage so we can strat getting some numbers, and discuss the details of the club there

cpprospecting.boards.net

Sorry!

We were unable to locate the forum you are attempting to access. This may be due to an angry bear, or maybe you just typed the URL wrong.

Are you sure that you typed the correct URL?

is what i get when i click on the link Joe........

My bad...P instead of Q :rolleyes:

cqprospecting.boards.net

I know wjhat you mean BumbleB, that's why I figure as an official club we may have some members with mates or their own property or a silver tongue that can persuade us access strictly for the club members only so that they don't have random strangers walking through.
Also all the land up there already has EPM's on them anyway, if I was a alfoil hat wearing local, I would be more worried about the big compoanies walking into my backyard and starting their drill/sample holes etc lol

The Cow-Cockies worry about everyone mate- they see it as, if someone (big company or little guy trying his luck) gets a sniff that there might be Gold on their place, the 'flood-gates' might swing open & then their lifestyle goes out the window. Don't get me wrong, if you get their trust & they feel u really are just a 'weekend warrior' then you can get some joy; but the old way of driving up to the Homestead & knocking on the door with a carton of beer is a no-go.
Mate, you'll find your way I'm sure, just be very wary of the bum-steerers- 'believe none of what you hear, & only half of what you see'.
I think the Prospecting Group is a great idea either way, just try not to let the Richard-heads take control of it- they will definitely try.

Latest posts