Coils elliptical and round Nugget finders and Minelab??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Zak here again with a similar question but slightly different.
To calculate the equivalent coil for an eliptical coil to a round we ???

Second question
I can buy some minelab coils froms a mat for a good price.

But as always time is valuable and therefore
We want to know that we are hunting at maximum
Effectiveness.

So can some shine alight on coils compasions.

How do the minelab coils compare with
Nugget finder coils both have litz wire and similar sizes?

Thank guys
Zakman

Ok i found the answer of the elliptical to round for a 18 x 9inch you take the 9 from the 18 = 9 divide by half and = 4.5 add to the small number +9 equivalent round is 13.5 Inch.

But I still need some comparisons from the Minelab coils to the Nugget Finder coils if anyone has some experience with both these coils brands please post.

Thanks Marcus

See link - the boys have already posted this comparison. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2336
Ben78 is spot-on - no magic bullet. I prefer NFs but that's just me. Same as the older 18: DD versus the newer 18" DD. Elliptical are great in medium to heavy scrubby country where the 'gaps' between the trees and bushes etc preclude a full sized coil so you can push the narrow part into gaps.
Here is some info from Coiltek on round versus eliptical as well. To answer this question we must understand that these two coils are not equivalent in size or shape even though they both are 18 coils. The round coil provides a much broader magnetic field which improves its depth capabilities. So the 18 round will have better depth than the Elliptical but the Elliptical will have better sensitivity to the smaller targets due to its tighter magnetic field at the tip of the coil. To make this question more even we must compare an 18 round coil to something like a 24x12 Elliptical coil. The two coils would be quite close in depth capabilities. The 18 round has a broad magnetic field and the 24x12 Elliptical has a long magnetic field area. This long area helps the coils field penetrate into the ground as the broad field does for the round. The elliptical coil would have slightly better pinpointing ability than the round due to its shape. So the answer to the main question is that the round 18 coil will go deeper than the Elliptical 18 coil.

This is great Loamer much clearer.

Thank you I will check the link out

Zakman

Latest posts