Closest spot to find Thundereggs and Geodes to Wodonga in Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm in Wodonga in North East Victoria and really want to go for a day trip to look for geodes or thundereggs
Could anyone please tell me where I could search ?

If you would like post some pictures of geodes or thundereggs I find them fascinating

I don't know where to look for them sorry luckylook, but when I was about 8 or 9 years old we stopped into a little gemstone/souvenir shop in Badger Creek after visiting the Healesville native wildlife sanctuary here in Vic.

They had a lucky dip of thunder eggs that were only something like 60c each or something ridiculous like that, with a little sign that said there could be nothing in them, or a list of possible gemstone material inside. I picked one, and my father knew a guy who was into gemstones who had a saw and a polishing setup who he got to cut it open and polish both halves for me. It turned out to contain the most beautiful amethyst in quartz crystal. It had pride of place on the cabinet next to the stereo for many years, until it hit the floor a few times and it started to break up. I guess it would be a lot of fun not knowing what could be inside

Latest posts