Clean up the bush movement.... WIN GOLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All
Applause to both KUSKUS and ADVENTURE GOLD for kickstarting a cleanup campaign , Wollongong Council ran and still does , the Blackspot Cleanup Campaign and the Sporting Shooters Of Australia also had yearly clean up campaigns , bit they had sponsors and advertising, I still have my tee shirt sponsored by Macmahons plumbing Wollongong. from lake illawarra cleanups
Problem is, clean up the bush campsites and no one knows about the background to who and why, perhaps a few thoughts on how best to promote the positive side of us prospectors instead of the negative side like you environmental vandals wanting to use high bankers, LOL .
I had thoughts on how to achieve a positive outcomes for us prospectors was to be based on a suggestion at the forthcoming NAPFA meeting.
Perhaps the use of the Prospecting and Fossicking Forum is a better avenue, it is an Australia wide forum , so it has exposure.
How about something like this , instead of individuals doing their own thing, an organised meeting at location so all who can attend join in, meet others , perhaps media coverage or we do have a few excellent You Tubers who prospect, a show and tell how much rubbish collected in an area , a BBQ and a fossick to boot , invite the media , they like a good story expose them to our hobby of prospecting and fossicking and the woes that we face with regard to the use of equipment and lockouts ,
Ideas on sponsorship for advertising, like a tee shirt and media coverage caring for the environment prospectors and fossickers
AUSTRALIA
Any thoughts

congrats to KUSKUS and ADVENTURE GOLD

Thanks guys and goldenoldie i think thats the way to go. The more people the cleaner the bush.

Next meet there should be at least an hour dedicated to cleaning the area.

And if we all do just 5 mins when out prospecting it will make a massive difference

OK forum readers that are within striking distance of the Bathurst region , perhaps a 4 hour maximum drive, lets get a list of rubbish dump campgrounds off the beaten track , from there , development a list, then we can organise a cleanup schedule for the various locations, an invite via the forum with a designated time frame so interested people can look at their free time and perhaps attend , perhaps meet the legends like KUSKUS and the man in the red toyota Adventure Gold , thanks to my gym having youtube on some of their equipment, I can pass the time if day peddling away watching youtube.
A few months ago detected the hill end common near the old dam , rubbish dump camp grounds , then down to the bridle track didn't get there looked around a site bit of rubbish left there so its out there
start posting , I will co ordinate the listings if there are no other takers, see I'm a retireree living the nightmare , cant high bank , cant detect because Im in for a new hip job, that will be interesting, i also fish a bit at lake lyall there are bush rubbish dumps there to up the leg under the power lines

post your black spots

I'd be in for that and the some of the areas even have a local dumb so we can drop off the rubbish on the way out.

Now that the warmer weathers here we should have a fourm meet around tuena/Turon river area, have a good old meet and scratch just like the oallan meets and spend a few hours filling a couple of Utes with rubbish.

If we can get the numbers we should make it for late November early December

g'day all ,
I thought the idea of filling a couple of utes with gold sounded good then my eyes focused, regrettabley, today I went to a bone doctor who gave me good news, my painful problem with my hip is , its worn out bone on bone and he can replace it mid november, so all stops out today organising things , it looks like I will be out of action for 8 weeks , so glad i have health insurance , Im sure the proposed meet will be fruitful for those who meet up share a coldie and a yarn , all news about the country even in city slickersville and around the old oran park area bloody snakes every where their bush habitat is gone so take the gaiters and be wary

Latest posts