clay mullock heaps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading the posts Walshie it sounds like a great area to hit with the Dry Blower come summer mate. Rather than carrying it to water or the water to it you can process it all on site....

Just a thought

If you have a clayey wash, a setup like the one that Lee (rc62bourke) posted about a while ago, using a paint stirrer on a cordless drill and a bucket-in-a-bucket setup works very well. Sorry I can't recall the thread.

Yea the mullock heaps are pipe clay and most of the bigger rocks and gravel wash are in big heaps on the side. Theres a few channels cut out of the hill heading to another big cut out area at the top of the hill. I assume this was for carts or transporting the pay dirt? I doubt it was for water direction as I don't think there was any water there. Not in the last thousand years anyway haha. Got a few bits around the area so I'm sure there's more. Don't think I'm gonna get it with the detector though.