Citylink Scam or not

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but people clone your number plate same car and colour
now you have to prove it was not you and that is not easy
unless you have very distinctive marks or stickers on your car or can prove where your car was on that date and time

Yes Limpalot

I live central coast nsw and have had debits taken off my credit crad for driving somewhere in melbourne.
Not sure if they do it randomly or it is a genuine mistake.

I called them and argued for a while but hey did refund the 8 bucks.

limpalot said:
I got a bill from citylink ???? for 0.61c, for a trip on 6/6/18. Car was at home in Talgarno, 350 kms away. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Would have cost more than 61c to send you a bill :rolleyes:
And gonna cost you more than that to argue it
Could be called 'a joke' ... if it wasnt happening ... ALL THE TIME !

I have never used city link in my Life.
I thought tolls were like 2 or 3 bucks ?
What were you actually charged 61 cents for ?

If you have sold the car and you had all bar 61 cents for a trip it could explain all, new owner got onto city link and you almost paid. Give them a ring, they will be as helpful as a government department, which they aren't. Ken.

All sorted, my son rang them to get it put to his account so he could investigate; they couldn't do that without my OK. I rang this morning, told him to start recording as this will help with traning, and the guy looked at it , said there was no rego on the account, I said the car has not been in Melbourne this year; that day it was up near Wodonga. He said he was going to waiver the 0.61c and clear the account, I said to close the account as well, E-mail pending.
Thanks for your help and ideas on how this does happen.

Did you get an explanation at least other than thanks for not contributing to our end of year Christmas party?

Latest posts