Circular void...Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys...
Can anyone shed some light on this big circular void just north of Yarrol in Qld ...i dont think its natural?

is it the goondicum mine ? ,... says explore the legendary Monte Blanc Massif in street view when I look on google in maps up close at the mine( but when you do that it looks really icy and cold :eek: ),... I always thought it was an impact crater, but apparently not at all, just a volcanic thing. :D

I see it yobs. I've spent the last hour trying to find exactly what it is but finding it hard using my phone. Possibly from the formations of the basin, volcanics and fault movement. I've spotted that before

It does look like a volcanic crater...but the contours around that area dont make sense ?? Considering the burnett river hugs it?
Its has west burnett running though it?? And its eroided internally?

My phone was struggling with the .pdf documents but you may come across info when reading about the geology, yarral basin and yarral - tamworth fault. Its all very early movements

Yeah i only got the phone to use...its hard going.
Mt Goondicum.. its the only formation like it in Qld?
I will check it out atom ta

Geology takes us back in time on an amazing experience :) A few years back I discovered that not far from my house, violent volcanic erruptions took place as the inland oceans evaporated and erroded the mountain formations, exposing things like the granites I see today, and leaving limestone / marble deposits from the billions of crustaceans which crawled the sand here millions of years ago. Before it all evaporated too much, large swimming dinosaurs liked to hide and keep warm in the massive pool once here.

http ://whenonearth.net/mirny-diamond-mine-russia-aircraft-sucking-mega-hole/

Would that be something like how the Mirny Mine in Russia looked before it was excavated for diamonds or am I way off track ?

Latest posts