Chewton.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekkie

steve
Reaction score
will be in bendigo for 5 days over easter and want to have a look at chewton. Is it better to detect Garfield wheel area or have a look down in the wattle gully flats.

I pulled a nice 2 and a half gramma out of the pines at Moonlight flat. Plenty of areas to swing around there and no bushes or rocks and crap in the way. Have a look around the diggings off Vaughn chewton road. Plenty of areas around there ?

trekkie said:
will be in bendigo for 5 days over easter and want to have a look at chewton. Is it better to detect Garfield wheel area or have a look down in the wattle gully flats.
Isn't that a historical reserve?

Ahhhh Chewton....found my first bit of gold there....an Ironstone specie weighing in at 0.6 grams with the Commander 15x12 elliptical mono on a 4500.
My son was by my side with arms full of granite/quartz and we got the find on video too, epic. The wife and daughter had previously retreated to the car for some a/c!
Another time in Chewton my daughter inadvertently went big game hunting and bagged a 100KG plus monster!
And its got a great football pitch too, You heretics might call it soccer :playful:
Love Chewton, I must go back there.

Latest posts