Check this out!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coota

Mick
Reaction score
Pic sent to me from a good friend, very scant on detail but supposedly found in the Kalgoorlie area around twelve months ago (not by him). It looks real to me. No idea on the weight, depth etc.

1439808651_image.jpg

Found near a dry water hole,... maybe,......turtle soup on the menu. ;)

Looks like photo shopping around left hand.and the shadow dosnt add up when compaired to the shadow angle of the detector.but who cares great looking photo if its real or not And i could be just seeing things :)

The Lord Mayor of Kalgoorlie, in an interview once a few years ago, said, he'd seen 'nuggets' the size of basketballs.

This photo confirms those comments.

The left hand does look a little dodgy? Spot on K man about shadow angles? And where is the shadow from the cord next to his RH?

I can say that image is not photoshopped. I am the Photoshop king. The unusual angle of shadow is from the sun being almost directly overhead. Believe me, its a nugget.

I've seen a photo of a nugget the size of an open hand ( sold for $600,000 ) found 2 meters up inside a tree trunk...go figure.

AtomRat said:
I can say that image is not photoshopped. I am the Photoshop king. The unusual angle of shadow is from the sun being almost directly overhead. Believe me, its a nugget.

I've seen a photo of a nugget the size of an open hand ( sold for $600,000 ) found 2 meters up inside a tree trunk...go figure.

I was just about to start a new thread about strange places people have found nuggets. I have a very thick tree root to go hack into soon it appears.

bushpig said:
AtomRat said:

I was just about to start a new thread about strange places people have found nuggets. I have a very thick tree root to go hack into soon it appears.
Never know where you can find it ;)

I can't believe a nugget was found in a tree! I got a whopping signal a few weeks ago which I thought was a nice deep nugget. But as I dug deeper it got quieter. I realised it was about a foot up the trunk of a tree. I just put it down to a bullet being lodged in the trunk....... I'm heading straight back out there to investigate.

bushpig said:
AtomRat said:

Hey Mate
Be aware that the GPZ7000 just loves to give a great signal on some tree roots!!! they sound great, but when you take notice it really is just the root, Hope I am wrong for you. I have dug a few!!!! try test it with another detector.
cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee if so it would be my first false signal from a tree root with the 7000. I'll take a saw next time as the pick just wouldn't have done the job.

I got a decent signal from inside the base of an old stump the other day in the field. It looked to be a tree that wasn't removed during the rush. Interestingly the signal came from just below the soil level and I had nothing to cut the stump with. I just assumed it was more than likely a nail or something however possibly not as it was below the soil line. Maybe I'll have to go back with the chainsaw

Latest posts