Central vic sluicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum but been digging in the creeks for a few years now, mostly around Central Vic. I'm not one for digging in the normal spots (Creswick, Sailors Creek, Beechworth, etc).....I'm more of an off the beaten track and off the beaten stream fossicker. I much rather investigate unknown streams to find new reserves.
Currently have a few spots I frequent near home which turn up some fairly good returns.....most of them untouched by anyone since the rush days.

I've always made my own gear and recently moved over to a Walbanker (thanks Wal)...very happy with the performance.

Who else is central vic based?

jgro1809, welcome to P.A. Don't tell anyone where your place is otherwise you will start a mini gold rush. You will have it all to to yourself for a lot longer.
Happy hunting Jaros :p

Jaros - I'm a firm believer that those that do the leg work get the results.

All I'll say is my current place is nothing more than what looks like a small spring fed creek no more than a foot wide and couple cm's deep in places....but it always turns up results. Looking at it you wouldn't think its worth a second glance.

Gold gets there from floods each year from veins further up in the hills....and is removed by me....just the way I like it lol

rocket65458 said:
Hi jgro, walbanker sounds like a weapon, where can we get a look at one.
Thanks.
best of luck :)
there's a post in diy just for the walbanker , either look in diy or use the search function which is the magnifying glass up the top left of your screen , there must be atleast 100 forum users with one

Rocket...as Aussie said, plenty of info right here on the forum. Just back from a weekend in creswick and it did well there, but I did also grab plenty if black sand too!

Hi Fellas.
I enjoy this forum.
I have been a hobby prospector since I was ten. I am now 62 so that was awhile ago. Learned to pan for gold in the Warrandyte Panton Hills area of Victoria.
I have a sd2100 that I bought in 1999. Has paid for itself several times over and still finds gold.
I also use a Fred Sims sluicebox and a homemade rocker box.
I am also a keen 4wder which ties in nicely with gold prospecting.
Regards, Wayne.

Latest posts