Castlemaine Diggings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luck for us but an English guy a few weeks ago said he'd found a couple of very small bits. Gold hunting clubs seem to camp there now and then, but last group I saw there said only one guy had found some nice little nuggets - but he went further afield, and also hiked a fair way I think.

I did a coupla hours in Specimen Gully today and came away with a handful of lead but no gold. The bullets were literally everywhere.

I did a coupla hours in Specimen Gully today and came away with a handful of lead but no gold. The bullets were literally everywhere.

I was up that way a couple of weeks ago. Looking around a dry creek bed in Glenluce. No gold but did find a nice screw driver lol. Fryerstown is worth a look mate. Plus anywhere along Vaughn Chewton road.

Went up Weewak Track Glenluce yesterday for a swing and a pan. Only found a modern pair of glasses and a few specks panning but good fun. It's pretty dry there, waiting for a hard rain to get some gold tumbling about.

Hi izataspeck, Welcome to P.A.

There's all kind of gold in this hobby, including humor. I would be giggling to myself all day at the irony of finding Specs & a pair of Specks :lol:
And things would only get better for me if I then realized it was Ironic they were both resting on Ironstone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

izataspeck said:
Went up Weewak Track Glenluce yesterday for a swing and a pan. Only found a modern pair of glasses and a few specks panning but good fun. It's pretty dry there, waiting for a hard rain to get some gold tumbling about.

LOL ..... hate to say how many pairs of reading glasses I've lost when out and about, yep need then to see the gold, worst was at Yandoit not just glasses but also my iPhone, placed it on the roof after taking a photo of mates gold and drove off. Must be old age but did the same with its replacement .... lucky I found that one but sadly with a broken screen ..... couple of hundred dollars to fix.

Cheers T.

I've been there, nothing, but junk and 50 degree heat. Drove up the dam.for a swim.
Plenty of guys there detecting tho.

Latest posts