Caspers Gem find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

found this in my screenings coupla days ago - is it worth keeping. It's got 5 or 6 flat surfaces and opalescent reflections on one face......

casper

1453289760_screen_shot_2016-01-20_at_10.30.09_pm.png

Why wouldn't you keep it casper ,.... it's not your average gravel boo boo. ;)
Just goes to prove nature can facet as well,... I'd get it put in a ring or pendant just how it is. :p :D

I'm pretty sure its a topaz casper, worth keeping if so. It should have a very obvious 'glow' to it under any light, possibly visible just above your thumb in the photo. It should also have very little sign of scratches if topaz as well and even a slight or strong blue in some

AtomRat said:
I'm pretty sure its a topaz casper, worth keeping if so. It should have a very obvious 'glow' to it under any light, possibly visible just above your thumb in the photo. It should also have very little sign of scratches if topaz as well and even a slight or strong blue in some

Thanks for the advice AR, and then after googling TOPAZ I believe that is what I have. The opalescent lights in mine are typical and are what are called pleochroic haloes meaning that the gem can show different colors in different crystal directions.

Will look at getting it cut.

casper

Nice find Casper. Finding Gold is nice, but finding Gems and Gold together is something else! Is the area where you are finding them known to contain Topaz? Or have you found yourself a new undiscovered area perhaps?

Latest posts