Car is loaded..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start off with the picture of the Yellow :)

1374559758_img933.jpg

We got this working a WalBanker for a few hours over the 2 days.

Camped at the Forde overnight which in hindsight could have been planned better :p

Was a beautiful clear night & we had a nice fire going through til 0130.

1374560067_photo9.jpg

Stayed warm next to it & with the help of some Tanduay Rum which was thoroughly enjoyed:

1374560160_photo_2.jpg

Breakky was courteous of the ever generous Wal who raided his food pantry & made donations of baked beans & crackers before he left the day before:

1374560295_photo_3.jpg

Even my English mate thought it was cold :p

1374560340_photo_1.jpg

Heatho said:
Well done Matt, must be happy with that. Beanz, never leave home without em. :p

How much dirt did you run through?

Considering the type of Gold that occurs at the Forde I am happy with the result.

Ran probably 25 buckets over the 2 days. Could have ran more if my pump had a bigger flow rate, at 115L/Min it struggled a little. Did a lot of test pans & got a few lessons off Wal which are Gold of a different kind.

Colin&Lee said:
Well done Matt good to see you got amongst the yellow now you need to get some Sapphires mate ;)

Cheers

C&L

Indeed Colin. When are we going?

Nice haul there Matt.
Good to see you had the basic survival foods handy..rum and baked beans... :cool:
Some nice Gold in ya pan also.
I keep telling myself its gonna get warmer soon.
Cheers
Chris

Syndyne said:
Well done Matt! Nice to see a bit of colour.

Your a braver man than I camping out in these temps :p

Cheers,
Shauno.

Shauno I don't think Brave is the right adjective to use.

The fire went til 0130 at which point I covered it with sand & went to bed. By 0315 I woke up from the low temp & was too uncomfortable to go back to sleep. By 0400 I abandoned all hope of sleep & got back up to relight the fire.

Well done lads, good to see you out there and about chasing the good stuff.
I am trying to get permission from the chief to do a weekender with my 2 boys, but wifey thinks it is a little cold for the little ones.
Cheers
Brad....

Well done Matt. Good to see you have found some yellow stuff ... now to find more, executing all those good tips from Wal. Soon you'll be able to show me how.

Regards,

Martin

Matt The Magic Man said:
Syndyne said:
Well done Matt! Nice to see a bit of colour.

Your a braver man than I camping out in these temps :p

Cheers,
Shauno.

Shauno I don't think Brave is the right adjective to use.

The fire went til 0130 at which point I covered it with sand & went to bed. By 0315 I woke up from the low temp & was too uncomfortable to go back to sleep. By 0400 I abandoned all hope of sleep & got back up to relight the fire.

Sorry matt . i laughed out loud about the cold because i did the same thing on my first trip there.

My sleeping bag was " rated to minus 5 celcius " , after a night of zero sleep i would rate it 5 degrees above zero . it was so cold the middle of my bones were aching.
I have now bought one rated to minus 10 celcius , and i have sprayed my swag with waterproofing to help a little bit

The night i was there i had to also put up with some 18 year olds firing a 22 cal rifle from their campsite 50 metres away from my tent , i was ready to start throwing rocks at them if i heard one single bullet come zinging near me so that didnt help the sleep front. :eek:

LG => Life's Good

Glad you survived the night Matt, had a bet with Liz that you guys will have the car running all night with the heater on. Look forward to sharing the next camping trip.....when i get back from over west. By then we should have got rid of the "ice" on the stream edge. Best of luck on your next trip.

Cheers Wal :)

Take two donnas next time.

It was -7c at Delegate a couple of weeks ago. My swag froze up with ice inside but with the extra layers it was not cold.

That's a pretty good haul.

Latest posts