can anyone tell me what is

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what is "here" on google earth

35 08' 59.50" South
148 46' 53.73" East

it looks like it could be an old mine but i cant find any reference to one there

It is East of Wee jasper

any takers ?

It's a riding school / resort owned by a doctor from Yass. They also run courses for handicapped kids and have some really good motor bike tracks. The bigger of the dams has a few good trout in it as well. No gold in the area but we've got some good quartz crystals as long as your finger about 5ks away. The doc's old man manages it and he's a real friendly guy.

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
It's a riding school / resort owned by a doctor from Yass. They also run courses for handicapped kids and have some really good motor bike tracks. The bigger of the dams has a few good trout in it as well. No gold in the area but we've got some good quartz crystals as long as your finger about 5ks away. The doc's old man manages it and he's a real friendly guy.

Cheers Wal.

crikey Wal

Can you tell me next weeks lotto numbers too ?

Are you serious or getting in early for April 1 ? :D

i couldnt see any indicated gold resource within 8 km of it but thought the big holes in the ground may have been an unrecorded mine of some kind

thanks for your help :)

Serious mate, The whole region is my old stomping ground, right through up to Tumut and Tumbarumba. Not many tracks the "Troopy" hasn't visited mate. ;)

Cheers Wal.

WalnLiz said:
Serious mate, The whole region is my old stomping ground, right through up to Tumut and Tumbarumba. Not many tracks the "Troopy" hasn't visited mate. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Have you been to the Shaking Bog Alluvial field?

It is between Tumut/Wee Jasper?

Shaking Bog Alluvial field?????? You're joking! I nearly passed out from laughter when I read that name.

After a few bitterly cold nights bush camping I have personally strewn a few nuggets about those fields, knees-trembling, teeth chattering........but I have never known of a place of that name!

I bet it looks, sounds and smells more like a minefield than a goldfield. If you should discover you have inadvertently wandered into this zone, stand very still, you really don't want to be in motion.

Redmanti said:
WalnLiz said:

Cheers Wal.

Never heard of a field by that name, but there's Quite a few small alluvials between Macfersons Ck and tumut so it's possible one has that unfortunate name, :D

Cheers Wal,

WalnLiz said:
Redmanti said:
WalnLiz said:

Cheers Wal.

Never heard of a field by that name, but there's Quite a few small alluvials between Macfersons Ck and tumut so it's possible one has that unfortunate name, :D

Cheers Wal,

Have the location and it is mentioned in the newspapers of 1860 having 150 plus guys on the diggings in Trove. It is right in amongst the forest near Tumut.

The other one is Ajungbilly Creek.

There are quite a few places once you do the research. 8)

WalnLiz said:

Cheers Wal.

Geez Wal

you've got some blood nice stomping grounds down there, might have to do trip and checkout this shaking bog place.

G'day Redmanti,

You're right about there being a lot of diggings in the region. Several thousand diggers passed through the region in the 1860's, on their way from Hill End to the Adelong Fields. Most of the fields between Wee Jasper and Tumut only supported a few hundred diggers as the gold was very localized. Pretty well every creek in the region contains small amounts of gold. A hand full are extremely rich......Bet of luck if your in the area. ;)

Cheers Wal, :)

Latest posts