Can anyone recommended a Mobile phone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have them now
Ready to fit the new screen when I fix it.
I also got me the slimline case for it.

condor22 said:
Tath, I went to one of these centre mall shopping centre phone accessory places. Got a screen cover that self adheres. I also got a clear soft plastic case that covers the back and edges. I already had a belt clip leather pouch that suited it.

Might have cost me $60 or so, can't remember, but a great investment.

I say that as, on the very day I fitted these, I got home, picked the phone off the passenger seat, along with a couple of other items, got out the car and dropped the bloody phone on the driveway.

No damage and not a scratch. :) Wise investment, lol.

Whisp said:
https://australia.ifixit.com/ wil sell you the tools to be able to replace the battery on your phone ....... and a lot of other stuff as well

Got my attention, the J5 I have is not a user removable battery. Are you saying that if and when I might need a new battery, the tools and batteries are available for me to do myself? I ask as should that be needed and I have to pay someone else, I may as well buy a new phone.

I googled one place in town that repairs incl. battery start at $220. The battery is about $30, huge difference...

condor22 said:
Whisp said:
https://australia.ifixit.com/ wil sell you the tools to be able to replace the battery on your phone ....... and a lot of other stuff as well

Got my attention, the J5 I have is not a user removable battery. Are you saying that if and when I might need a new battery, the tools and batteries are available for me to do myself? I ask as should that be needed and I have to pay someone else, I may as well buy a new phone.

I googled one place in town that repairs incl. battery start at $220. The battery is about $30, huge difference...

If and when you might need a battery it will probably be debatable if batteries are able to be easily procured, but the company I listed does the sell the tools to be able to open most modern sealed devices without damage provided you exert a certain gentle touch and are not too ham fisted.

Latest posts