Camping Checklist - you might like to use it or add your own.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! It would take me a month to pack all that stuff!
A very substantial list there mate!
If someone can find anything you missed - good luck to them!

Cheers,
Megsy :cool:

Holy cow! It would take me a month to pack all that stuff!
A very substantial list there mate!
If someone can find anything you missed - good luck to them!

Cheers,
Megsy :cool:

Megsy, a lot of it is permanently packed to some extent. It just has to be checked and ticked off. There's nothing worse than getting out there and realising something critical is still leaning against the shed wall.

Many years back, perhaps 35, I took the family camping in the southwest. We had a fairly big two room tent and we arrived without the metal frame. Fortunately while looking for a suitable tent site I'd spotted an old pipe irrigation setup long forgotten. I retrieved enough of the pipe to assemble a makeshift tent frame so we managed but it didn't go down too well with the wife at the time.

On another occasion we arrived at the campsite and after setting up the tent and fireplace to cook dinner we realised that nobody had packed matches. On this occasion I had to disconnect a fuel like on the Mazda 929 and empty a little fuel onto the fireplace then I used the car's cigarette lighter to create enough heat to ignite it. We never allowed the fire to die out for the duration of our camp.

We rarely end up in a location where there are other people so if we don't have it packed we have to make do or go home and we'll never go home :)

Best camping trips are spontaneous
Carton of beer
Bottle of whiskey or rocket feul of choice
Bread butter , steel plate 1kg bacon 1kg snags and 2 dozen eggs
Swag
Fishing gear or prospecting gear
Toilet paper, shovel , towel and soap.

Yes aussiefarmer you may be right but it's a bit hard to go away for months at a time without decent preparation.

That's a well thought out check list.
I would struggle securing that load to my car though.

View attachment 1142
If you can't tie a knot, tie alot
and I bet there's no kitchen sink amongst all that!

I'm currently in Singapore. Was waiting for a taxi out front of my motel last night. Saw a very similar exercise when a young couple had checked out and were loading up the taxi for the airport, they had to call for a larger taxi hahahahaha other expats had a great ol' chuckle. I recon the blokes Mrs packed her entire wardrobe and then spent her holiday money on more.. poor fella

This is a PDF file so should open on any device. If not I'll have a bit of work to do because Mrs M has it in the Macbook.
Gee Phil that is a reasonable list. Going through the same process at the present leaving here and going over your way for 4 months leaving here about the middle of May. Going to pre poll our vote as soon as the pre poll booth opens.

I always keep a full simple kit in the Camper all the time and at leased a months worth of food on board, I have 4/5 stoves of varying sizes and a Gas Heater and a small 240v Heater, and a foldout 120w solar panel, and a sleeping bag and all the Charging cables for all the SoGens, All that takes up very little space So all I have to do is pack the Detectors and a few toys and clothing and thats it.

I have researched and bought a lot of gear and fine tuned everything So my total kit is 1/20th of what it was and the biggest thing in there is my 35L Snomaster, Even fully load with every thing I would want to take I still have room to make up my Bed or carry another 650-700kgs of stuff to set up in my Awning once parked up, This setup works way better than using my 4x4 Wagon and I still have the option of Towing a Trailer if needed,

I
I get it, it's a joke ain't it - well maybe the mods can move it to under the correct topic section........
It’s a list developed over many years of travel throughout Australia. Not every item gets packed every time but we always run through the checklist. Many items remain packed in the bus or trailer but we’ll check in the weeks leading up to our departure and several times as we prepare. Without any list to refer to we would surely leave too many things behind.

I

It’s a list developed over many years of travel throughout Australia. Not every item gets packed every time but we always run through the checklist. Many items remain packed in the bus or trailer but we’ll check in the weeks leading up to our departure and several times as we prepare. Without any list to refer to we would surely leave too many things behind.
Phil, I agree with your approach 100% and have been able to manage several serious unplanned issues, while traveling either for myself or others because of having done so. I use a general high-level document and then flesh out the details in a multi-page checklist matrix, where the amounts and other details will be changed depending on the travel locations, planned activities, and other associated travel plans. The plans will also change depending on what vehicles I will be using - e,g, will I be taking just the Prado, or with a camper trailer, or Sprinter camper, etc.
The attached file (if it works) is just one example involving a 1 week trip to provide support for a scout Jamboree outing, but of course I have many others.

Downloaded and read thru the list.
I figure it is roughly one page longer than my own list. The Quad gear list.

We camp for up to 3 families, so our list is long to cater for the kids and communal cooking, not too difficult because mostly it stays in a covered trailer, so we top up and check off from the personal and menu mostly.

Latest posts