Bunnings Highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally69

Paul
Reaction score
Today I added a detachable highbanker setup to my bunnings sluice, it becomes a washout wand in 5 seconds.

At his stage I intend to work high and dry crevices, classify down to 6mm and lug dirt to the creek for processing, but have a few ideas floating around in my head for a detachable grizzly and recirculating bucket.

1391817272_image.jpg

I was planning on some rubber matting but had wallet-paralysis due to the price so I used what I had; self adhesive furniture felt (3mm) on top of some shaped alloy flashing.

I gave it a test this morning and they trapped the heavies far better than expected. I think I will replace the dots with some more rows felt. My initial theory with the dots was to create some turbulence prior to the riffles. I also have a shaped (hammered) round bar at the start of the mat that also performs well.

1391858116_image.jpg

On top of the mat I have a ski-jump shaped out of curved alloy bar, thinking a couple more of these along the top half of the mat would do wonders.

1391858139_image.jpg

Hi Wally,
Do you use a 1150gph pump on this set up?
Isn't upvc great to work with! I'm making a set up very similar to yours.

Cheers,
Paul

Wack a bucket with holes around top under outlet catches all the small grit
which stops blocking pump and spray bar mate.good job oh I am using
the non slip rubber mat that u cut to size from cheaply shop and it really
works well.

Latest posts