Bung Minelab Pro-find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
Upon starting out on my last beach hunt, got the Infinium all set up, then wacked a new 9v into the Pro-find - and nothing! The Pro-find would briefly turn on, light would come on, but not a peep from the speaker, then it just turned itself off. Tried two batteries, with several goes at trying to make it work with no success. Annoyingly had to walk all the way back to the car and grab my backup Nokta pinpointer out before continuing on through the night.

I must say the Pro-find has been on a slippery downward slope for most of this year, with random malfunctions before coming good again, then back to the same old issues. I have found the Nokta to be much more reliable, but usually don't use it with the infinium due to interference from it (fine if it is holstered at the hip). Will seriously have to look at a Whites unit as a replacement, but will see if Minelab can do anything with it first. It should still be under warranty, but has had a pretty hard life, so will be interesting to see if they will do anything with it. I do use a stainless lanyard ring on the battery compartment, so that might be an issue for them.

If it is going to cost to fix it, I simply won't bother. :|

Goldpick,
I bought one from Adelaide's Miners Den and it failed within 2 months of me purchasing it. It failed just as you have described yours had. I took mine back and they immediately replaced it with a new one off the shelf. I can't complain about the service.
They had a bad batch so they said. I bought mine in February. So not sure when you purchased yours but at least that's so info that may help you if it's still under warranty.

Best of luck.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, I bought mine in Sept 2013, so I will just take it back to Miners Den at St Marys and try my luck.
Cheers

they would have you in there system if you gave them your details - there pretty good there

I cannot say I have had similar problems however I do prefer the Garret over the Minelab for some reason the Minelab seems temperamental may be something wrong with this as well. Hopefully you get yours sorted.

Latest posts