bullett cases -shells

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy Fellow Swingers. Got out for a hunt today. Not a lot of good loot around.Stopped at an old 1870;s church.
detected around the church and roadside. Bullet and shot gun cases were the order of the day. What looks like part of an old lantern,
a 22. bird shot bullet, smaller bird shot shotgun cases and an Adelaide soft drink maker- Woodroofes - screw cap from the 80's.
did find $6 overall. A lot of old ruins around, mbe next time.
1415451865_photo0613.jpg

Must have had a shotgun wedding there at one time. :p

Good to see ya out swinging again SD. I see the bottle top from Woodroofes Lemonade...didn't know that they began in Norwood SA in 1878.
Cheers

Jaros said:
Good to see ya out swinging again SD. I see the bottle top from Woodroofes Lemonade...didn't know that they began in Norwood SA in 1878.
Cheers

Cheers Jaros. yes, Woodroofes were a major cordial and soft drink supplier, along with Halls ,that were down the road. Woodies,as they were known had an underground spring that they used for their drinks and won many prizes at the Royal show. I toured the factory in the early 60's with a boy's club. all the bullet/shell cases -were around the church, so they must have had a rowdy congregation. :lol:

Latest posts